Forum Discussion

7 years ago

What are the best JTR combos vs palp meta?

Hi everyone,

As the title says please. What are the best JTR combos vs the palp meta?

I heard something about envys nest too but I don't want to do a $300 route to beat it.

I currently have NH setup but it really isn't useful I feel vs the meta. What would be the best JTR setups?
  • For those running RT, what's his speed? I've heard people claim he doesn't need any speed but is that really true? I do have a G12 RT and would be interested to see if it does hold better for me. Falling to 50-60 right now.
  • My RT has +10 or so speed, and that is only because I had a couple of +5 speed mods that had good offense numbers. I have him modded purely for offense. Crit damage with offense primaries and secondaries. His speed is not important at all since he gains so much turn meter when toons get exposed.
  • What would be the best fifth character do you guys think vs the palp meta?

I was thinking of running. JTR, bb8, r2d2, RT and X. I want sure what to fill out for a fifth. Is a taunt even important when palp teams have a thrawn anyways.
  • Much better to have GK eat the fracture than any one of the other four.
  • FWIW I've had great success with GK. My BB8 is 285, Thrawn is 265. BB8 feeds TM to JTR, who I use to ability block Vader so he can't force crush and get the TM going on that side. Next is R2, who I use to hide everyone but GK so that he is the one fractured. Next is JTR again, who I use to triple attack the other Thrawn with the hope that R2 will be called and stun (if he stuns someone else Thrawn will just clear it). At this point the other Vader usually goes and ability blocks GK which I don't care about. Then my Thrawn fractures Sion. It's usually pretty easy from here on out.
  • "TVF;c-1568844" wrote:
    FWIW I've had great success with GK. My BB8 is 285, Thrawn is 265. BB8 feeds TM to JTR, who I use to ability block Vader so he can't force crush and get the TM going on that side. Next is R2, who I use to hide everyone but GK so that he is the one fractured. Next is JTR again, who I use to triple attack the other Thrawn with the hope that R2 will be called and stun (if he stuns someone else Thrawn will just clear it). At this point the other Vader usually goes and ability blocks GK which I don't care about. Then my Thrawn fractures Sion. It's usually pretty easy from here on out.

that would work too. your thrawn is waaaaaayyyy faster than mine (240), so that's probably why I've always struggled using that setup.
  • Two other tank options would be Poe or Holdo. Do not forget about these 2 in a resistance lineup.
  • "C_Sandurz;c-1569313" wrote:
    Two other tank options would be Poe or Holdo. Do not forget about these 2 in a resistance lineup.

Isn't holdo better than Poe? If I could get her.
  • I give the nod to Holdo over Poe. She is fast and the daze works wonders. The only issue is that I have not found anything (with a JTR lead) that works consistently against a zPalp squad with Traya AND GK. Admittedly I have not tried Nest and I hear she works well.
  • If you have problems with Vader, use Raid Han to stun Vader at the start to prevent them from going off.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 3 months ago