What counters Chaze?

I keep coming across a team in arena that is;
Wedge(L)
Biggs
Chirrut
Baze
Bistan

all g11 completely maxed.

Anytime I fight a team with only Baze, it's not that big of a problem, but with Chirrut present he seems near impossible to get around. With the aforementioned team, I can never even get past Baze. By the time my teams dead Baze is already back up to full health with a taunt and 3-4 healing over time buffs. Are there any counters or is that combo just hopelessly broken?

I use;

EP(L)
Vader
Shore
TFP
Boba

I am currently thinking of implementing B2. Any recommendations?
  • "powieman;839875" wrote:
    https://youtu.be/3CqwodxjH94

What, you used strategy to defeat the most OP combination of all time?!?! Whhhuuutttt....

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder262/59873262.jpg

• The top of my server is Wiggs/Chaze teams. It's old school, but I use speed STH to give TM. My full team is EP, TFP, Boba, B2, and STH. I let TFP go twice and get countered by Baze - which triggers B2. As long as STH goes next (or close to it), everything falls into place. Shock Chirrut, Boba's AoE for ability block, TFP is going again with big crits all while STH absorbs the damage - until dispelled by Baze. However, it's too late by then. It doesn't hold on defense, but what does?

• "Darth_Jay77;839843" wrote:
    "NicolasRage;85673" wrote:
    Wedge(L)
    Biggs
    Chirrut
    Baze
    Bistan

Anytime I fight a team with only Baze, it's not that big of a problem, but with Chirrut present he seems near impossible to get around. With the aforementioned team, I can never even get past Baze. By the time my teams dead Baze is already back up to full health with a taunt and 3-4 healing over time buffs. Are there any counters or is that combo just hopelessly broken?

I use;

EP(L)
    Vader
    Shore
    TFP
    Boba

Yeah, try dropping TFP in-favor of B2 and making your Boba as fast as possible so the very first move is his ability block. TFP is not very good with Baze or Shoretrooper there. A couple guys on my server run a 250+ speed Boba Fett and it's brutal with that ability block. If you target Chirrut, then he can't cleanse for 2 turns and it should be long enough to setup kills on the Wiggs duo.

With Vader's dots and Chirrut's hots Vader and Boba should deal massive damage, so drop Biggs and Wedge as soon as you can, use EP's basic to shock Baze and then go for the kill on Chirrut because even if he's still healing himself Baze won't taunt and between shock, Vader's abilities coming off CD and Boba's Execution off-CD at that point, Chirrut is dead-meat. The problem with Empire is they're rather slow relative to Rebels so you have to put some good speed on them.

How do you get Boba to have 250+ speed? Mines maxed out, full speed mods, full speed primary arrow, and all speed secondaries of 5-12 and he's only 200 speed. I don't see how it's possible for him to get another 50 speed.
  • "NicolasRage;840740" wrote:

"Darth_Jay77;839843" wrote:
    Wedge(L)
    Biggs
    Chirrut
    Baze
    Bistan

I use;

EP(L)
    Vader
    Shore
    TFP
    Boba

Yeah, try dropping TFP in-favor of B2 and making your Boba as fast as possible so the very first move is his ability block. TFP is not very good with Baze or Shoretrooper there. A couple guys on my server run a 250+ speed Boba Fett and it's brutal with that ability block. If you target Chirrut, then he can't cleanse for 2 turns and it should be long enough to setup kills on the Wiggs duo.

With Vader's dots and Chirrut's hots Vader and Boba should deal massive damage, so drop Biggs and Wedge as soon as you can, use EP's basic to shock Baze and then go for the kill on Chirrut because even if he's still healing himself Baze won't taunt and between shock, Vader's abilities coming off CD and Boba's Execution off-CD at that point, Chirrut is dead-meat. The problem with Empire is they're rather slow relative to Rebels so you have to put some good speed on them.

How do you get Boba to have 250+ speed? Mines maxed out, full speed mods, full speed primary arrow, and all speed secondaries of 5-12 and he's only 200 speed. I don't see how it's possible for him to get another 50 speed.

It's possible to get speed secondaries of 18. I have exactly one mod out of 100's like this, but with enough luck/investment, it's possible.
  • "mlb1399;839809" wrote:
    The odd thing is that squad beats his team but doesn't stand up to the wedge/Biggs/lando teams, which I normally run.

Its not odd at all. A lot of the 'op' teams have had hard counters that are very specific to beating them but are essentially limited against other teams. B2 and Boba are obviously key to beating Chaze but agianst Wiggs teams w/o STHan or a droid team they're a liability. That's actually why arena is a little more fun lately, IMHO, because people are mixing and matching teams to beat the guy ahead of them while exposing themselves to the people behind them in the rankings. Someone like me who doesn't have an arena caliber B2 is ready and willing to catch people who leave themselves open to my comps.
  • "NicolasRage;840740" wrote:

"Darth_Jay77;839843" wrote:
    Wedge(L)
    Biggs
    Chirrut
    Baze
    Bistan

I use;

EP(L)
    Vader
    Shore
    TFP
    Boba

Just have to get good secondaries. One whale has his at 261, it's insane.
  • I'm running a full empire squad (EP, RG, TFP, 6* Vader, 3* ShT) and I find the only way I can beat Chaze is to perfectly time Ability Block on chirrut between Vader and TFP, while making sure to keep shock or buff immunity on baze after his initial taunt simultaneously. Then I kill whatever three toons are remaining first, then baze, then chirrut. It's not super effective, but it's working while I level and gear my B2 and Boba.
  • If you Zeta your Vader and use him as lead instead, you'll easily beat those Chaze squads

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago