Forum Discussion

6 years ago

who do clones counter best?

Hi all since the rework the clones seem to have been given a big upgrade with extra speed, assists and Rex aerial advantage
can anyone let me know which teams they work best against.
also it looks like you need zeta on 5's and shaak ti lead? any others?
thanks
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    They're actually pretty nasty even with no zetas. You probably want Fives and Rex's at a minimum though, and probably both of Shark Tea's if you really want to get the most out of them.

As for who they work against specifically, I dunno who they "hard counter," but I can tell you I took my CLS team up against G11 ShaakClones with no zetas in this round of GA and I came very close to losing; just CLS and Han standing at the end, both in the red.
  • They beat the snot out of first order. Bounty hunters , carth , nightsisters all can be beaten pretty easily too. Empire is manageable. Had a lot of trouble with geos.
  • Idk if they are a hard counter to anyone, but they can be pretty beastly.
    I just got Shaak Ti up to G11, I've had all my clones at G12 for a while now with 5s ZZ, Rex Z. They walked through a 110K BH squad like they were butter, much like it feels when you take Revan against a BH squad. I've only hit NS, BH and FO so far (I'm testing them out as Shaak has been leveling), but they are monsters when they get going.

I plan on getting the whole squad up to G13 next, so I think in a month or two id be able to offer a much better review
  • I occasionally put them on defense in GAC. Both times do far, the opponent had to use 2 attempts to beat them.
  • They are a hard counter to Jawas. Then again, they always were. And mostly, it's really just Rex and his tenacity up that's the counter.
  • "Nikoms565;c-1965494" wrote:
    I occasionally put them on defense in GAC. Both times do far, the opponent had to use 2 attempts to beat them.

I can’t get my guild to believe that now is the time to take advantage of clones on D. Works so good in GAC