Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Who to complete this Droid Team?

Working on a Droid Team for GW, right now I have HK lead, IG-86, JE/ Lumi, Rg/ Sun Fac and then I have an open sport for Poggle or IG- 88. I was leaning toward using RG and JE, so should I use IG 88 or Poggle to complete this team?
  • HK lead ig 86 ig 88 JE RG/B2 is my reccomendation. Obviously B2 is pay but I just bit the bullet and am very happy with him. Before I was using RG. Gear level is extremely important for this team as JE and IG88 are very squishy and your JE is likely to be 4 or 5 star. I think that if you have HK lead, you need 2 other droids to get value out of his leader ability, and those droids need to be ig 86 and 88 given their dps. JE is much better than lumi because you usually are 1 or 2 shotted when protection is gone anyway and JE's crit/turn meter move is so valuable on the first turn. Poggle unfortunately loses out to JE in terms of droid team support in my opinion.
  • I have also heard some good things about Magnaguard as a tank, who is easily farmable. I also heard JE only heals droids.
  • +1 for the earlier comment saying you need at least another two droids to make use of HK's lead.
    JE, although strong in a droid lineup, falls short for a couple of reasons:
    His crit ability isn't really that great because HK's ability will give you the result more than enough once it's brewed up.
    If he actually outlives a droid and manages to revive one, it will probably be one of the two IGs who will get up just in time to get smacked right down again because they're too frail.
    His bombs, although great against counter hitters, take too long to deliver and you'll usually have already killed the target by the time they go off (there's a bug in the SO challenge though that they're really good for)
    I'm droid through and through. I run 5 (haven't got B2 yet) and have a lot of success. I also have a reasonably levelled Poggle, JE, Lumi and RG so I've tinkered with my setup a lot to see what works. IG100 is my secret weapon. People are only just grasping how strong he is when lead by HK. He is my rock. If you want a bigger explanation, just flick througg a couple of pages on this board and you'll find two topics about him where I've outlined why he's so essential in a droid lineup (both of the titles are his name).

Good luck and welcome to the world of non-sentience...
  • "SifuSteve;456673" wrote:
    +1 for the earlier comment saying you need at least another two droids to make use of HK's lead.
    JE, although strong in a droid lineup, falls short for a couple of reasons:
    His crit ability isn't really that great because HK's ability will give you the result more than enough once it's brewed up.
    If he actually outlives a droid and manages to revive one, it will probably be one of the two IGs who will get up just in time to get smacked right down again because they're too frail.
    His bombs, although great against counter hitters, take too long to deliver and you'll usually have already killed the target by the time they go off (there's a bug in the SO challenge though that they're really good for)
    I'm droid through and through. I run 5 (haven't got B2 yet) and have a lot of success. I also have a reasonably levelled Poggle, JE, Lumi and RG so I've tinkered with my setup a lot to see what works. IG100 is my secret weapon. People are only just grasping how strong he is when lead by HK. He is my rock. If you want a bigger explanation, just flick througg a couple of pages on this board and you'll find two topics about him where I've outlined why he's so essential in a droid lineup (both of the titles are his name).

Good luck and welcome to the world of non-sentience...

One of the things I like about droids, is there are several good Arena team options. I would quibble with your assessment of JE; it's not his crit up that makes him necessary, it's the turn meter gain allowing them to go first. I like IG100, but he doesn't taunt, which makes JE (or 86/88) go down quick. You need a taunter on D or you will drop like a rock overnight (or while you're at work.

Personally, I run Sun Fac, but RG is always an excellent choice. Poe was great before the nerf. Now, not so much.
  • 88 is the answer. HK(L), 86, 88, JE, Sun Fac as the person above said. The only way, and i mean only way you would not want JE in your lineup is if you have GG, in which case good on you for the incredible amount of time or money you spent. Without GG, 5 droids will lead you to heartbreak in this meta of Rey and dodges.
    IG-100 is a good fit to replace your tank if you can max him, anything below 7 *'s and gear 8 and he is not worth it, IMO but. JE's speed + HK's leader ability makes up for his horrid speed and so so damage and turns him into a pretty solid 5th. The whole point of adding him is that he pushes JE's ability over so you can pretty much get 3-4 attacks in before the other team taking out 1 or 2 cannons or their tank before they even go.
  • I run droids in GW, but I don't have a solid team. I keep hk and ig86/88 as the core, but I rotate support. I start with Poe to give the droids burst, then I cycle through tanks with fresh cooldowns, eventually I bring in bariss/luminara to heal when the droids have taken some damage.
  • I run droids at times in GW. You use 3 droids, 1-2 healers, and/or situational character.

examples.

HK, 88, 86, JE, Daka
    HK, 88, 86, Barris, Lumi
    88, 86, Vader, Jinn, Ackbar