Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Why do people feel entitled to every character?

This is a serious question. You see a lot of ire here on the forums about people complaining that they don't have advance notice and that they "deserve" to know what will be required to unlock characters months in advance of their release (Luke, anyone? Thrawn?).

Listen, I'm F2P. I didn't get Thrawn on either of my accounts. I don't have a 7* R2. I didn't get 7* Palpatine the first time around. I literally JUST got Yoda to 7*...and you know what?

It's okay.

You don't have to get legendary characters the first time around, and nobody is obligating you to spend money to do so. While they are powerful, none of them are game-breaking or prevent you from doing things in this game you couldn't otherwise do.

I will have Phoenix 7* for when Thrawn returns, and I will have my TFP to 7* when R2 returns. It's okay to have to set goals and work to achieve those goals, and not be handed everything.

I have played a ton of mobile games (Dragon Age, Brave Frontier, FFBE, FFRK, etc.) and SWGOH is BY FAR the most forgiving in terms of attaining "legendary" content, and doesn't rely on gacha packs for you to get what you want.

If you want Thrawn, it's okay to have to work for him. Would you prefer they just put him in a limited-time pack with a 1% chance of unlocking, and a 99% chance of Mob Enforcer shards? Because that's how MOST games would do it.

EA/CG almost always gives you a way to pay to get what you want as well. If you REALLY wanted a 7* Thrawn, you could whale away and buy the shards if you were ill-prepared, just like you will undoubtedly be able to do with the new Luke or upcoming Ewok content.

I am legitimately curious as to why people think it is "unfair" of a game developer to not give everything to you without paying.

We (players) are Lando. They are Darth Vader. And guess what? It's okay.