Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Yet Another executer mirror match question.

My executer is 4 speed faster than my opponent, yet they went first. I’ve been hearing about coin flips in mirror matches but can’t seem to find what that actually means. Does the speed not matter? What gives? Apologise in advance if this has been covered.
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "TheChild_eats_eggs1;c-2385088" wrote:
    Quickly stealing this thread, wondering why sometimes ur enemy rc is marked after Exec mass assist, and sometimes it isn’t. Is it just Tenacity/Potency or something else like order of assisting. I’m a 4* Exec going against 7*

Just order of operations. If XB applies Breach before your RC is called, you get Marked. If that Breach is resisted, then no Marked.
  • Coin flips happen when speeds are exactly the same. The only way for one Executor to jump in front of another Executor when it's slower is with TM gain shenanigans, like if Imperial TIE fighter dodges (which grants TM to the capital ship).

"DarjeloSalas;c-2384299" wrote:
    Are you sure it’s not your Piett that’s 4 faster?

This seems more likely to me to be what happened. Character speeds have no (direct) influence on ship speeds. Level, gear, abilities, stars, and mod quality (that is, level and number of stars) affect ship speed - basically, anything that increases a character's GP, except mod color.
    Grogu_4470
    Seasoned Novice
    Quickly stealing this thread, wondering why sometimes ur enemy rc is marked after Exec mass assist, and sometimes it isn’t. Is it just Tenacity/Potency or something else like order of assisting. I’m a 4* Exec going against 7*
    Grogu_4470
    Seasoned Novice
    "StarSon;c-2385089" wrote:
    "TheChild_eats_eggs1;c-2385088" wrote:

Just order of operations. If XB applies Breach before your RC is called, you get Marked. If that Breach is resisted, then no Marked.

Tysm.
    Crispy508
    Seasoned Rookie
    not to hijack this thread (but I will lol), but has anyone noticed a change in executor mirror match AI? I just lost 5 fleet arena battles today against players I normally beat easily. Normally maybe I lose 1 in a 100 due to RNG or human error. weird
  • "CrispyFett;c-2385670" wrote:
    Ok, just bad luck then

Did you change the mods on your pilot(s)? Sometimes even the smallest speed difference can decide win-loss dependent on how you approach a mirror.