Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Zeta Vader question!

Is it still worth it to zeta Vader? I'm just now grinding for zetas and was wondering if it's still possible to solo the Rancor raid with Vader. And if it's not worth it to zeta Vader anymore, who else should I zeta?
  • Zeta Vader certainly has some use in Rancor, though not to the extent that he once did. He's also useful in some arena shards and GW. I have him zetad and would do it again, despite the heroic Rancor fix. It's hard to say who to zeta otherwise because it would depend on your current roster and goals.
  • "HorishBathens;c-1142615" wrote:
    Zeta Vader certainly has some use in Rancor, though not to the extent that he once did. He's also useful in some arena shards and GW. I have him zetad and would do it again, despite the heroic Rancor fix. It's hard to say who to zeta otherwise because it would depend on your current roster and goals.

Most of the time in the arena my rank is 70-90, which I'm satisfied with. So really for now I just want to focus on getting higher damage in raids. I heard a clone squad with zeta Cody would help in the tank takedown raid, but I have a long ways to go with farming shards for Echo, Cody, and clone sergeant. Any other recommendations?
  • zDV is slowly making a comeback. It's worth it, especially since he has multiple uses outside Arena like Rancor. It's not worth it as first zeta though, I'd say.
  • Finn is a good Zeta if you have Resistance put together. Excellent damage in HAAT. Also makes GW a breeze.
  • Vader was my first zeta, and I've never regretted him. Even after the Rancor fix, he's so useful in so many modes that he's a great first zeta. If you have a solid Empire/Sith(and/or Fett) squad: he'll likely double your rancor score, make GW a breeze, will 3* the entire DS table, and is solid in AAT.

As a bonus if you picked up a 5* Thrawn to stick under Zader you'll likely break top 50 in arena with minimal effort.
  • "DedrickRogue;c-1143188" wrote:
    Vader was my first zeta, and I've never regretted him. Even after the Rancor fix, he's so useful in so many modes that he's a great first zeta. If you have a solid Empire/Sith(and/or Fett) squad: he'll likely double your rancor score, make GW a breeze, will 3* the entire DS table, and is solid in AAT.

As a bonus if you picked up a 5* Thrawn to stick under Zader you'll likely break top 50 in arena with minimal effort.

Unfortunately I was unable to pick up Thrawn. Looks like a solid toon, but I'm not gonna drop everything to farm 5 garbage toon for one really good one.
  • Vader makes a pretty easy Rancor solo paired with other TM removal heroes - you can do it fine with Tarkin and Magma trooper - I use DV, Rex, TFP, DN, and Tarkin - Tarkin makes it pretty RNG safe with the O / crit down on the Rancor and strong TM removal

Vader is actually elite in arena, but generally with top-tier mods having speed secondaries, though if you have one good speed set putting it on SA and running her with DV makes everyone fast.
  • It's not five garbage toons for one really good one, though. Ezra is actually very good, and he does double duty as a rebel and a Jedi (as does Kanan, so early players who still need to get Yoda and EP can work on both at once with those two). Ezra works really well on Kenobi Jedi teams and rebel teams. The others aren't meta, but they're not all garbage either. Sabine is actually quite good but the hardest to get quickly. And the team can be useful in GW, because they keep restoring protection, which is actually better than healing for GW.
  • "Parableman;c-1143401" wrote:
    It's not five garbage toons for one really good one, though. Ezra is actually very good, and he does double duty as a rebel and a Jedi (as does Kanan, so early players who still need to get Yoda and EP can work on both at once with those two). Ezra works really well on Kenobi Jedi teams and rebel teams. The others aren't meta, but they're not all garbage either. Sabine is actually quite good but the hardest to get quickly. And the team can be useful in GW, because they keep restoring protection, which is actually better than healing for GW.

Yes, maybe for early players, but personally I have no need to get Yoda. I do have him unlocked, but only five star. Don't think I'll bother with 7* for awhile as he doesn't have much use. Plus, GW doesn't have much use to me anymore either due to the fact that I've 7* almost everyone in the shipments except a couple worthless toons, so I'm good on that end. Am also stacked with 40 million credits, so there's really no need to finish GW anymore. Unfortunately I don't have General Kenobi unlocked though, so that's what I'm working on now.