Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Changing the last name of the household

Does anyone know how to change the name of a household? I have a few houses where the original families have either passed on, or moved out and the original last name is still on the house, even with new families moving in, the name stays the same. Is there a way to change this?
    Rflong7
    Seasoned Adventurer
    The name will change if they move out... and then back in - if the lot is empty, won't it?

*Stuff will be deleted if they move out so don't forget to put important stuff in their inventories.
  • Thanks for all the replies, but aside from Sims PE, which I have but never really used, moving them out and back in won't work. For example, I had a family with the last name "Franklin". That entire family has been gone for a long time, and I can't remember if they all passed away or what happened with them. So now, the family that lives in that house now are the "Bryant's". When I moved the "Bryant's" out of the house and into the Sim bin, they are still showing the name "Franklin". I guess possibly I had a "Franklin" marry a "Bryant" but looking back in the family tree, there are no Sims with the "Franklin" name.

Edit: Ok, I was able to change the household name in SimsPE.
  • By any chance is someone on the first generation married to a Franklin? maybe the Franklin got their last name changed to Bryant?
  • "SleepycatDSL;c-16353258" wrote:
    Glad you were able to change it. It's surprisingly easy to do in SimPe, if you are at least somewhat familiar with it and know where to look. In game, it can be a pain to do, if you want them to keep the current house.

Thanks. I read some tutorials on how to use SimPE. It's cool everything you can use it for. I downloaded it years ago in hopes of making my own CC, but just never got around to it.
  • If you're not proficient with SimPe then I believe that if you move them into the family bin and then back into the house it'll adjust the name accordingly. If that doesn't work, then it's SimPe time.
  • "greenbean71;c-16352993" wrote:
    Thanks for all the replies, but aside from Sims PE, which I have but never really used, moving them out and back in won't work. For example, I had a family with the last name "Franklin". That entire family has been gone for a long time, and I can't remember if they all passed away or what happened with them. So now, the family that lives in that house now are the "Bryant's". When I moved the "Bryant's" out of the house and into the Sim bin, they are still showing the name "Franklin". I guess possibly I had a "Franklin" marry a "Bryant" but looking back in the family tree, there are no Sims with the "Franklin" name.

How many generations are there? the Franklin's may just be hidden a few generations up.

• "theFella;c-16353037" wrote:
    "greenbean71;c-16352993" wrote:
    Thanks for all the replies, but aside from Sims PE, which I have but never really used, moving them out and back in won't work. For example, I had a family with the last name "Franklin". That entire family has been gone for a long time, and I can't remember if they all passed away or what happened with them. So now, the family that lives in that house now are the "Bryant's". When I moved the "Bryant's" out of the house and into the Sim bin, they are still showing the name "Franklin". I guess possibly I had a "Franklin" marry a "Bryant" but looking back in the family tree, there are no Sims with the "Franklin" name.

How many generations are there? the Franklin's may just be hidden a few generations up.

Looking back, I never really played the Franklin family much. There were no generations of them. However, the Bryant's are on the third generation.
    SleepycatDSL
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Glad you were able to change it. It's surprisingly easy to do in SimPe, if you are at least somewhat familiar with it and know where to look. In game, it can be a pain to do, if you want them to keep the current house.
  • "theFella;c-16353100" wrote:
    By any chance is someone on the first generation married to a Franklin? maybe the Franklin got their last name changed to Bryant?

The only thing I can think of was that the last Franklin Sim was still there when I moved in the Bryants. Possibly the Franklin name just stayed on the lot after the last one passed on. I can't find anything in any of the family trees regarding anyone named Franklin. I just don't remember playing the Franklin family much at all.