Forum Discussion

claramj
New Spectator
7 years ago

Where Do I Put Sims That I Download?

It's been so long since I played The Sims 2, and a week ago I got the Ultimate Collection one, but I can't figure out how I am supposed to download other peoples Sims, as in where do I put them in The Sims 2 folder?
    Rflong7
    New Vanguard
    Just like TS3- if they're in the pack format you have to double click to install ... but I use the Clean Installer to open them so I can check for unwanted CC.
    http://modthesims.info/d/409950

Also, if they shared it in the clean .package file then place them in Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\SavedSims

Most people share them in Sims2pack format. :)
    Rflong7
    New Vanguard
    The folder is SavedSims :)
    You can make it if you don't want to open BodyShop- which can be found : C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin
    claramj
    New Spectator
    "Rflong7;c-16224972" wrote:
    The folder is SavedSims :)
    You can make it if you don't want to open BodyShop- which can be found : C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin

I finally found it, but it won't open/start! So do I make a " SavedSims " folder myself?

Oh forget it,lol, it finally opened! lol
    Rflong7
    New Vanguard
    Yeah, Body Shop is slow in opening. Hope everything works!
  • "pookysimslover;c-16234829" wrote:
    "Rflong7;c-16225986" wrote:

Yeah it works! I figured since my computer is better than it was when I used to play, it wouldn't take as long, but I guess I was wrong,lol! But I did find I can't use any of my old premade sims, by copying them to the SaveSims folder! It's too bad too, I had some really good ones!

What I did to get back all my great Sims I had saved was to replace my createde Save Sim file with my old one. That works, or should. ETA: Once the game creates the file, delete it and copy and paste your old one in there.
    claramj
    New Spectator
    I recently found a folder I had with all my old CC that I had years ago, most of which no longer exists online, I am so happy! I had been looking online trying to find certain items, but than I realized I may have them on my external hard drive, and I was right! I have 1000s of items, clothing, makeup, skins, hair, eyes and buy and build mode stuff!
    claramj
    New Spectator
    "Rflong7;c-16224557" wrote:
    Just like TS3- if they're in the pack format you have to double click to install ... but I use the Clean Installer to open them so I can check for unwanted CC.
    http://modthesims.info/d/409950

Also, if they shared it in the clean .package file then place them in Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\SavedSims

Most people share them in Sims2pack format. :)

There is no SavedSims file there! And their not in the pack format, the ones I've found, plus I have some of my own that I had saved from when I had my original game, because I always made sure I had copies of everything, and they are not in pack format either! Also I don't usually use clean installer anyway!
  • You can get a saved sims folder made from opening body shop. It can be found here:

whatever drive you installed on\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin

Just launch it and it will create the folder. I imagine you could just make one also, just like the downloads folder, though I am unsure of the exact way it has to be written, I don't download sims or use body shop so I don't have one either. :D
    claramj
    New Spectator
    "Rflong7;c-16225986" wrote:

Yeah it works! I figured since my computer is better than it was when I used to play, it wouldn't take as long, but I guess I was wrong,lol! But I did find I can't use any of my old premade sims, by copying them to the SaveSims folder! It's too bad too, I had some really good ones!