Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Autonomy

Okay so I've been playing TS3 for a week or two now and I'm noticing a lack of autonomy with regards to sims interacting with each other. I have the settings with full autonomy on so it's not my settings. Is this just how it's meant to be in TS3? I didn't play the game much when it was the current sims game due to not having a powerful enough PC so I don't really have much experience with it.

I'm playing a small family. Both parents will autonomously take care of their toddler but when it comes to interacting with each other there doesn't seem to be much of it at all. They always choose to do other things when I leave them to their own devices such as painting, playing on the computer, watching tv.

I've been playing TS4 for a while and the sims are always interacting with each other. I kind of miss it when I play TS3. Is this normal or is something weird with my game?
  • "Sharonia;d-981282" wrote:
    Okay so I've been playing TS3 for a week or two now and I'm noticing a lack of autonomy with regards to sims interacting with each other. I have the settings with full autonomy on so it's not my settings. Is this just how it's meant to be in TS3? I didn't play the game much when it was the current sims game due to not having a powerful enough PC so I don't really have much experience with it.

I'm playing a small family. Both parents will autonomously take care of their toddler but when it comes to interacting with each other there doesn't seem to be much of it at all. They always choose to do other things when I leave them to their own devices such as painting, playing on the computer, watching tv.

I've been playing TS4 for a while and the sims are always interacting with each other. I kind of miss it when I play TS3. Is this normal or is something weird with my game?

its normal for sims 3 thats one of the reasons I like sims 4 but sims 3 also has a lot of fun stuff 4 doesn't have
  • "comicsforlife;c-17672697" wrote:
    its normal for sims 3 thats one of the reasons I like sims 4 but sims 3 also has a lot of fun stuff 4 doesn't have

I just can’t deal with all the issues in the Sims 4 anymore. It looks pretty but game play quality is just not there. I find that the Sims in the Sims 3 function a lot better over all and I prefer it for that reason.
  • thats cool I wasn't saying you should like 4 better I was just answering your question
  • My sims love to wander off with autonomy on, though they do spend a lot of time standing around. Maybe they're trapped in their own thoughts but it does break my immersion a bit. A lot of the inactive sims on community lots fall into the same pitfalls.

Generally I like to initiate games or activities that I can invite other sims to do (pool, gnubb, dancing, hanging out in a hot tub, dominos, etc.) to make it a little less boring. Then again I'm mostly in this for the screenshots.
  • "simmerLella;c-17658683" wrote:
    Sims 4 sims are the MOST social of all. IMHO the other games are more balanced. I do think loner sims will happily interact with others they know well with a high relationship score. Is this a new family? Did the couple need their relationship built first?

My family is kind of new. I made the female sim and had her build a romantic relationship with one of the random sims that lives in the same world as her. The got married and had a child. I guess by now their relationship is a good level. Maybe it's just the loner trait affecting things.