Forum Discussion

DanaePlatinumP
Rising Newcomer
3 hours ago

Need Room for Rotational Play in Sunset Valley

I realize that not many people play the Sims 3 rotationally. At least, not many people document that type of gameplay online the way they do for the Sims 2, but I'm planning quite a big undertaking in my own personal game. I have added several families (including plans for new businesses / community lots) to Sunset Valley and plan to play them all in rotation Sims 2 style using NRAAS and other mods. However, I need room for the extra families and the expansion of descendants over time, and unfortunately there's no option to add more space via subhoods like there is in Sims 2. All that to say, does anyone have ideas / techniques (probably using create a world to modify the map I guess?) to expand Sunset Valley with more residential lots in a way that feels organic and keeps most of the premade houses intact?

P.S. ~ I know it might sound like if I like Sims 2 style rotational play then I would be better off playing that game, but I love so many things about the Sims 3 like the traits, customization, and open world detail, so I feel like I could better tell my sims' stories the way I want in that game, even if it takes some tweaking to get it working the way I need it to.

• DanaePlatinumP  You can actually place new lots in Edit Town, without needing CAW.  The Add Any Lot Size mod (compatible with whatever else you're using) may be useful in that context:

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=471164

You'd need NRaas Tagger to give the new lots their own addresses.

But if that's not enough, and it may not be considering the size of the SV map and the number of descendants you're considering, it may be better to use either an updated version of SV or a different map altogether.  You could use NRaas Porter to import the SV sims to a new world without them losing the relationships outside their households, if those matter to you.