Forum Discussion

riennatelemnar
Seasoned Newcomer
4 years ago

Can a divorced couple remarry?

Tom and Rita Hanks MUST be remarried but I can't figure out how to make that happen. Their relationship is almost full green and they are woo whooing twice a day. There are no interactions to propose marriage or get married. I got a wedding arch and no integrations available. Looking back at their memories while I wasn't playing them, apparently Tom kissed another woman. Rita accused him of cheating and then divorced him. Looking at Tom's friend list, he is still showing romantically interested in that other woman. Do I have to get them to break up somehow before he can remarry Rita? Help me save River Valley's most beloved couple!
    riennatelemnar
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Their relationship is completely maxed out green, Tom sent enough insulting texts to his romantic interest to kill the relationship, and he is being extremely irresistible yet no options for engagement or marriage with Rita. I guess I'll let them sleep on it a night and see if anything changes. I hate to use "cheats" to get them back together if I don't have to.
  • Has Rita asked him to be her boyfriend? Propose and marry wont show up until you have done this step.
  • Does Rita still have negative moodlet due to Tom cheating? it could be the only obstacle preventing them to get together again, try waiting for the moodlet to expire. it usually last around 5 in game days.
    riennatelemnar
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Rita has the wedding ring moodlet with an red X on it and hovering over it says "ex-husband". Same with Tom. There are no options to be boy/girlfriend or go steady. I went into their memories and deleted references to the cheating and the divorce. Both relationship bars for each of them is all the way green. I have closed and reloaded the game and it's still the same. The only suggestion from here I haven't tried is checking to see if there is an option to ask to be friends. I've been focusing on the romance interactions. I'll try that when Tom gets home and see if it gets them further along to reconciliation.

ETA: No go. There are no "ask to be friends" interactions and still no proposal or marriage option. I'm tempted to move Tom out, and have Rita invite him over and see if it can progress from there.
  • Hi.Yes they can remarry..BUT they have to 'travel' to a different location, only then will the option to marry show up. And they have to get married at that location. If they travel back, without marrying that option will not show up. So you need either university, world adventure or ITF packs
  • "mw1525;c-17708555" wrote:
    The 'Ask to Be Friends' comes up in either the 'Friendly' or 'Mean' category (and I think it is under 'Mean' for some reason). Personally, I wouldn't move Tom out because he then becomes a townie and will have free reign to pursue (or marry) whomever he wants (or the game wants to puts him with). I suggest keeping him under your control until the block which keeps him and Rita apart can be removed. Just my opinion.

It is in the "Friendly" interactions for exes, and in the "Mean" interactions for romantic interests.

• "Rhiannon58;d-983012" wrote:
    Tom and Rita Hanks MUST be remarried but I can't figure out how to make that happen. Their relationship is almost full green and they are woo whooing twice a day. There are no interactions to propose marriage or get married. I got a wedding arch and no integrations available. Looking back at their memories while I wasn't playing them, apparently Tom kissed another woman. Rita accused him of cheating and then divorced him. Looking at Tom's friend list, he is still showing romantically interested in that other woman. Do I have to get them to break up somehow before he can remarry Rita? Help me save River Valley's most beloved couple!

Mean interaction - Ask to just Be Friends, for the other woman Tom cheated with.
    For Tom and Rita- Friendly interactions (I think probably 4-5 should do the work) until they have "ask to just Be Friends" interaction and then the ring icon in the relationship bar will disappear.

If there is further problem in the future, I would try to cheat and temporarily alter the sims' trait (from commitment issues to family oriented for example), it helps. :)
  • "Rhiannon58;c-17776653" wrote:
    Thank you all for your help. I had to take a break from TS3 because my game was broken but the amazing team here helped me fix it today. I used the friendly interactions until I got the "let's just be friends". That cleared the X for marriage. Then I did the romantic interactions and the beloved Hanks family is once again whole!

That's great news. But I would like to meet this "amazing team" of which you speak some day. They sound like some pretty nice and helpful folks. Where have you been hiding them? :p