Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Can't Enter Apartment?

Very long time of no activity on the forums.

That aside:

I just built my own apartment lot from scratch. I placed all the appropriate lot markers, yet my sims can't enter their apartment?

I can edit the apartment like normal; no problem. But as soon as they try to go inside they stomp around as if the door is locked and wont let them in. The door isn't looked.

Please send answers my way :(
  • "Kmccormick93;c-16757729" wrote:
    Please help I moved my sims into the apartment building plasma 501 and now my sims for some reason no sims are able to enter or exist the building. It's saying the door is blocking the way but it worked perfectly fine before I tried call EA help but they did nothing

If you are using mods, then reset the lot with NRaas MasterController.

If not, or if that doesn't work, retreat to Edit Town. Evict your household to the side of the screen, copy the lot down to the household bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. Note though that this type of "reset" will disrupt your sims' promised wishes and opportunities, if any are in progress.
    IreneSwift
    Seasoned Newcomer
    How were you able to move your sims into the Plasma 501? It's a vampire lounge, not an apartment building. Did you change the lot type and edit the interior?
  • I am going to leave this open for the time being but would like to remind folks that they should always try to check when a thread as last active when posting a reply to it (this one's a wee bit old).
  • Turn on all three cheats

testingcheatsenabled true
    buydebug
    restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off

Then move some of the markers around just a little bit. What happened is that you had placed these markers, and then maybe added or moved a wall. By moving the markers around, this will reset the game into knowing what is your sim's living space. Also make sure there is not a public room marker inside their apartment. This can cause that problem as well.

Don't forget to turn all those cheats off after you are done, but before you go back into play mode.
  • Just to add. You need to make sure you don't accidentally have the door to your sim's apartment set as an NPC door. If it is then your sim won't be able to enter that apartment. :wink:
  • I'll try moving the markers around and see what happens. I tried moving my door but that didn't work.

I don't even have any doors set as NPC doors yet XD

And it's a row of 6 townhouses, so they're all at ground level with the entrances being level to the ground.

Thanks for the help, guys! I'll see if it works.

edit: I didn't enter rbbb until I had already moved a sim onto the lot, so I'm wondering if not having it entered when placing the markers could have been the problem...
  • Please help I moved my sims into the apartment building plasma 501 and now my sims for some reason no sims are able to enter or exist the building. It's saying the door is blocking the way but it worked perfectly fine before I tried call EA help but they did nothing
  • igazor Thanks for the advise unfortunately it didn't work and no I'm not using any mods

IreneSwift Yes. I changed the lot to residencial so that I could edit it to an apartment