Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Christmas Story 2024 help/ideas :)

Hey y'all,

I know it seems pretty darn early for me to be thinking about writing another Sims illustrated Christmas story this year. ๐Ÿ˜œ But I guess that whole "Christmas in July" thing got to me. ๐Ÿคฃ Plus, I do like to prepare the story in advance so I can debut each new chapter in the days leading up to Christmas. I usually start writing in October...but I might do it as early as next month (September) this time around. 

Anyhoo, I was needing a little help with something and would also like some suggestions, if y'all don't mind. ๐Ÿค— Asking for help from others inspires me, especially when I feel like I am so terrible at coming up with names!! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ™ƒ

*So first, I wanted to say that this time around I want there to be a leading man in my Christmas story, since all my other ones have featured leading ladies. (And pretty much all Christmas movies feature leading ladies too...) Gotta give the guys some love for once! ๐Ÿ’—

I actually did come up with a decent name for the leading man ๐Ÿ˜† but I need help with something else in regards to him.

I picture him looking something like this:

Handsome right? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

So I wanted to ask if any of you - off the top of your head - have a Sim in mind that looks very similar to him? And can point me in the direction of where he is in game so I can kidnap him, as CravenLestat would say? ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„

Now y'all are probably thinking, "Emorrill, why don't you just CREATE him? You've done that many times before!" 
True...but I'm a little limited on time these days and if I can find a similar sim in game, that I can just tweak a tiny bit, that will save me more time for writing. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป 
and maybe I'm currently not in the mood to create a sim right now...

That being said, please send me your Premade Sim suggestions. ๐Ÿ˜Š

**Second, I am looking for some nice twin girl names. If you have any suggestions there, please send them my way also. 

Thank you y'all. ๐Ÿ’— It's very much appreciated. I will make sure to give reference to your ideas if I choose them for my story. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Have a great day my friends. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Hey everyone! This one is for you me1620 ๐Ÿฅฐ

So I was able to gain access to the Manu Ramirez sim, thanks to the immensly sweet generosity of me1620 ๐Ÿ’—, and tweaked him to my liking for the upcoming Christmas story. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Now, here's a quick reminder of the handsome guy I am basing the main character off of:

I've decided to name the main character Declan Hayes. ๐Ÿฅฐ (In case any of you were wondering from my original post.) 

Anyhoo, so Manu (ie: Dario ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜œ) arrived in my game looking like this:

Soooo handsome. Very similar to the guy pictured above. Like I said earlier me1620, you have a sharp eye. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

So I got to work doing my best to base him off of Mr. Handsome in the internet picture. ๐Ÿ˜œ The only biological tweaks I made to the sim was widening his head a little more and slightly adjusting his nostrils. That's it! 

I picked out a custom skintone for him, added custom hair and eyes, and some custom glasses I found that are exactly like the ones on Mr Handsome in the picture. Tried to do a matching outfit aaaaand.......are y'all ready for the reveal? ๐Ÿ˜ (*He may be subject to change later as I get into writing the story and stuff. That happens.) 

Here he is!!

What do y'all think? ๐Ÿ™‚ (Well, I mean, I'm gonna love him anyway so... Lol!)

Full outfit:

Hee hee, snapped a picture mid stretch. ๐Ÿคฃ

So that's it for Declan. ๐Ÿ˜Š Hope y'all enjoyed!

me1620
      Rising Adventurer

I love Declan even more now than when I first saw him on the Exchange! ๐Ÿ’–  

emorrill
        Hero

Awww, thank you me1620 ๐Ÿ˜Š I owe it all to you. ๐Ÿ’œ

Now I'm all the more excited to write his story. ๐Ÿ˜

me1620
    Rising Adventurer

emorrill 

EDIT TO ADD - CAUTION!  I just tested Manu in Custard.  Manu includes the dreaded Arezzo bathroom counter!  However, it is the Left version not the right counter which has been identified as bad cc.  But why does Manu need the left counter either?

ZeeGee1- Thank you for teaching me how to test Sims 3 packs before installing them.

What a fun request! Your model is definitely handsome. 

I don't have any of my own sims to present.  I browsed through quite a few pages of search results on the Exchange.  I picked out a few sims for you to consider.  I have not downloaded any of them.  I do not know any of the creators with the exception of Wallin, who was a regular on the Daily Deal thread over 10 years ago.  I am basing these picks on the first photo on the Sims Exchange page. Since I have not downloaded them, I have not seen them in the game.   The sims may need some tweaking by changing hairstyles, eye color and adding glasses. 

The image is also a link to the sim's Exchange page

Link to Sim has been removed as it contains the Arezzo counter!  Manu Ramirez  is my first pick for the leading man of your story

Please note that I have not tested any of the following sims for corrupt custom content.

Shane by Marlec89

I wonder if Shane will look the part with a pair of glasses and brown eyes?  

Darwin St. Clair by Wallin

Darwin may have CC.  Wallin provides a link in his blog telling where to get the CC.  So, the sim downloaded from the Exchange may not include CC.  I have no idea what Darwin would look like without the CC. 

August by Elliottvela7

Kevin Knight by PedroRafaelLopez

Kevin is also known as Lupino Atletico in PedroRafaelLopez's studio

Henry Strauss by n8eulchen1979

Henry may need more of a makeover; eye color, hair style and hair color

Chase Montgomery V2 by fendelhorg

Chase's creator states that this sim does contain CC. 

I am looking forward to your Hallmark Sim Christmas story.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

ZeeGee1
      Seasoned Hotshot

You sure have an eye for some gorgeous guys! And thanks for the shoutout. Also thanks for calling my attention to the face that I left some questions hanging. I'm working on some redos. :)

emorrill
      Hero

Ooooh! Wowza me1620 ! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ You have just made my day with your Exchange male sim suggestions! ๐Ÿ˜ They are PERFECT! You have quite the eye! ๐Ÿ˜

I will say I found Chase Montgomery (just the other day actually) for a friend and she said she couldn't get him to download into her game for some reason...and I fear it might be the same with the others. โ˜น But I will certainly try! I agree that Manu looks the closest to the way I picture my leading guy - most likely because the glasses are the same. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! โญ ๐Ÿ’œ

emorrill
        Hero

Yeah it says I need to have the "latest software updates" in order to add those guys to my game. Mega bummer! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ (I play using disks so I dunno if that is the reason. I'm on version 1.67) 

I has a sad right now. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

However if you add Manu - or any of the others - to your game, save them to the Sim bin, and then send their .Sim file to me via Sim File Share that would work. ๐Ÿ˜Š But if that's too much work for ya I understand. ๐Ÿ˜˜ No worries. 

• 1. The Christmas Clock

In a small town where Christmas is celebrated year-round, a magical clock tower controls the flow of time. Every December, the clock winds down, and the townโ€™s people age only during the Christmas season. When the clock mysteriously stops, a young girl and her grandfather embark on a journey to the North Pole to find Father Time and save Christmasโ€”and the townโ€”from being frozen in time

A Christmas Wish in the Stars

On Christmas Eve, a young astronomer working at a remote observatory makes a wish upon a star for her family to be reunited. As she tracks a rare celestial event, she begins receiving strange signals that seem to be guiding her home. With the help of a quirky team of scientists, she discovers that her wish has set in motion a series of cosmic events, leading her on a race against time to bring her family together before the star disappears on Christmas night.

3. The Twelve Days of Christmas Letters

After a misunderstanding causes a couple to break up just before Christmas, they both regret their decision but are too proud to reach out. Then, on December 14th, the woman receives a letter from her ex, apologizing and expressing his love. Over the next twelve days, she receives more letters, each one bringing them closer together and rekindling their romance. On Christmas Eve, they meet at the place where they first fell in love, realizing that they were meant to be all along.

Christmas Lights and Second Chances

Lucas, a big-city lawyer, returns to his hometown for the first time in years after the passing of his estranged grandfather. While dealing with his grandfatherโ€™s estate, he reconnects with his high school sweetheart, Sarah, who now owns the local Christmas lights company. As they spend time together decorating the town for the holidays, they begin to heal old wounds. With Christmas magic in the air, Lucas must decide if heโ€™s willing to leave behind his fast-paced life for a second chance at love.

• Hey everyone. ๐Ÿ˜Š

For fun I thought I would share a couple of pictures of Declan's co-worker friend: Andres (Andy) Montoya. ๐Ÿ’™

I hope he looks Hispanic enough. Lol! He's supposed to look older than that and I tried! ๐Ÿ˜‚

He was a roll of the dice sim that actually gave me a pretty darn good base to work with - I was shocked! - while I referenced a picture of a hispanic guy online to tweak him to my liking. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Y'all sure are getting some exclusive sneak peeks here aren't you? ๐Ÿ˜

As far as pictures of the leading lady...well y'all are gonna have to wait until the story debuts to see her. ๐Ÿ˜œ

me1620
      Rising Adventurer

I am enjoying the sneak peeks.  Andre is good looking.  With Declan and Andre being co-workers, that will be a very good looking office or worksite.      

• Hey friends who are still following this thread. ๐Ÿ˜

Just wanted to give a little update on the story. I'm on Chapter 6 and it's at 16,258 words! ๐Ÿ˜€โญ

Normally I plan on doing 10 Chapters or less for my short Christmas stories, but...we'll see. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm getting excited for the day I get to share it with y'all. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽ„

emorrill
        Hero

MiataplayOh you can count on it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’œ

I've already been looking up new poses that I don't have. ๐Ÿ˜›

PalmArrow
    Seasoned Hotshot

This is a fun question! Sadly, I can't think of a premade male sim who looks like that, but I will try to come up with some twin girl names.

While giving twins matching names isn't a good idea in real life, in a sims story I would definitely expect the names to match!

Matching by rhyme:

• Hailey and Bailey 
    • Rosie and Josie
    • Tara and Zara or Lara
    • Celia and Delia
    • Connie and Bonnie
    • Vicky and Nicky
    • Sabrina and Marina
    • Kay and May
    • Millie and Billie

Matching by first letters:

• Lana and Lena
    • Claire and Chloe 
    • Elle and Elsa
    • Ida and Ivy
    • Kerry and Kelly
    • Madeline and Melinda
    • Rose and Ruby 
    • Shirley and Shelley 

Matching by theme:

• Coral and Pearl 
    • Stella and Luna
    • April and May or June
    • Rose and Lily or Violet or Iris or Daisy
    • Amber and Ruby or Jade
      emorrill
      Hero

Fabulous name suggestions!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Thank you! ๐Ÿ’œ

I will admit I was thinking of going with names that don't rhyme. ๐Ÿ˜œ But I can always be swayed depending on certain factors... ๐Ÿ˜‰

moonbows123
    Seasoned Newcomer

I really like the names Holly & Rose for twin girls. Fits the  Christmas theme, too. 

• I'm about to download  pose player again so I can play like the old days ( Sims 3 modeling) ! 

Animations make this game so incredibly fun to play. โ˜บ