Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Creating NPCs

I know this was asked before, so even a link for previous answers would be great.
I have nraas SP, Register and possibly more.
I have the Generic Role mod.

How can I create NPCs in my town?
Is there a way to make a family of npcs? (That they will have family connections but non of them will be a resident)
Can I choose their career and make them stay in specific career? (In regular rabbitholes career) Regardless of what's happening in town?
How do I assign them to service roles? (Babysitter, mailman)
How to keep a specific npc in a role, in the generic role mod? My game tends to replace them.
How to prevent the game from generating new npcs that are pudding faces? I remember something with the bin sims genetics.

Thanks!!!
  • @igazor is the mod expert

the game generates NPC. The NPC are all generic sims generated by the game. The game does not use sliders on it's own so all the NPC sims will look the same . They will get different hair, skin and clothes but all have the same face. The game controls the NPC and assigned them to service rolls
  • It might help to review this page. It provides an explanation of what the different kinds of NPCs are. Scroll down to the "Who is in My Town?" section. The rules and restrictions that NPCs have and what we can do with them using which tools vary greatly depending upon the type of NPC we are talking about.
    https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Population+-+Town+Management

Role Sims can be residents (with or without families) or homeless. They can be controlled with the Register mod to be pulled from existing unemployed residents, spawned as new sims, or manually assigned by the player.

Service Sims must be homeless and do not have families. The homeless "household" cannot handle marriages, pregnancies, babies, or those siring (fathering) children -- that is, such sims cannot remain homeless and therefore cannot remain with Service assignments. We can add sims to the Service Pool, but that never guarantees that they will be used as such. The Service Pool is not strictly controllable or stable.

The genetics of Role Sims depends on where they came from, were they homeless or resident, were they born in game, etc. The genetics of Service Sims (and incidentally NPC Roommates) can be controlled by way of NRaas StoryProgression in similar ways to but using options under a different menu from that of resident immigrants.

Does that help get you started? :)
  • Thanks @phoebebebe13 @igazor
    Will check out the link and I might return for some technical questions :smile: