Forum Discussion

wendyyi1
New Spectator
2 years ago

Cutting Tiberium

Does anyone know if it's better to cut Tiberium using the spire cut or the heart cut?

I've always used the spire cut but I read something that seemed to suggest that the heart cut is better value
    IreneSwift
    Seasoned Newcomer
    The heart cut is better for gems you are going to sell right away, but with tiberium, regardless of the cut, you can get much, much more if you set it outside, where it will grow into a large spire cut, which will be worth between $40,000 to $80,000. You can get even more by consigning it.
    KevinL5275
    Seasoned Rookie
    How long does it take for tiberium to grow? I have put them on the grass outside for several days and they don't grow or duplicate.
    Rflong7
    New Vanguard
    "@KevinL5275;c-18289536" wrote:
    How long does it take for tiberium to grow? I have put them on the grass outside for several days and they don't grow or duplicate.

Hi :)
    As long as they're spire cut and placed about a square apart, it should take about 1.5 days? Most times I forget to check on them.
    Also, the dust will grow if placed apart.
    mw1525
    Seasoned Newcomer
    @Kevin5275 - As far as I know Tiberium dust does not duplicate, however it does grow into nice tall (valuable) spires after being placed on the bare ground. While growing you should hear a little pinging sound every-so-often letting you know that it is growing. I'm not certain if the sound stops once maturity has been reached or not.

Because Tiberium is so rare to find, there are ways to maximize the gem once you do have one. If you have 'University Life' and a scientific sim just have your sim analyze the uncut gem to obtain a mineral sample (do this as many times as you want). With a high enough science skill, your sim can turn the analyzed samples back into the gem, which can be cut again.
    wendyyi1
    New Spectator
    @IreneSwift Thanks. I should have been clearer. I want to know if the type of cut affects the appreciation rate when you grow the tiberium.
    wendyyi1
    New Spectator
    "mw1525;c-18290347" wrote:
    If you have 'University Life' and a scientific sim just have your sim analyze the uncut gem to obtain a mineral sample (do this as many times as you want). With a high enough science skill, your sim can turn the analyzed samples back into the gem, which can be cut again.

Great tip. I hope that I remember it by the time I find tiberium again

DivinylsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    Is the jewellery thingy in the store any good?
    Tiberium is ... in Egypt right?
    What uses do the other gems and metals have?
    I know the pink diamond is used in the simbot master inventing thing.
    'Soul-peace' is used somehow for curing Mummies, or is it?
    Copper ingot bars are a quest in China
    Some of the regular gems and metals are part of the scavenger hunt in primary school for a small payout and .. grades?
    And ... what else?