Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Days until aging up: Never (Bug?)

Has anyone had this happen before? All of my sims aging bars suddenly say "Days until aging up: Never". I tried turning off Aging from Settings and turning it back on again, didn't work. Tried resetting the whole town via MC, didn't work. I don't know what I might have done to cause this. It's a save in which I went to the future and came back two times, and brought back some townies with me. Maybe this might be the cause? But I had done all this the last time I played, which is 8 months ago, and I didn't notice this bug back then. Anyone had this happen and found a fix?
  • The game's own aging manager is notorious for breaking down over time. If this is happening across the entire world and you are certain that these sims really are not aging (as opposed to the info tab just being slow to catch up after return travel from Oasis Landing for example), then it is broken. In many cases the choices from there are to start over/move your sims to a new world, add a mod that controls the aging manager better, or just play without aging on.

You might try evicting your active household and moving them back in again or playing a different household and switching back, but if the issue persists across the entire world rather than just what is now the active household, then it doesn't seem likely that either such idea would really stand to fix anything.
  • Do you have the Nraas mod called DebugEnabler in your game? I find that happens when it's in my game, so at the moment I'm not using it.
  • "carlystur03;c-17363738" wrote:
    Do you have the Nraas mod called DebugEnabler in your game? I find that happens when it's in my game, so at the moment I'm not using it.

Thanks for the reply, but nope, I have several NRAAS mods but DebugEnabler isn't one of them.
  • It might be MasterController itself doing that then? There's a toggle in either that one or StoryProgression (I use both) for aging on and off. I can't remember.

Calling @igazor!
    karritz
    New Spectator
    It is unlikely to be caused by a mod. I know I've fixed it with one of the NRAAS mods but that was a long time ago and can't remember how exactly other than I had to click on the City Hall to get the town options up.

There is some info on this at Answers HQ. Apparently it is a bug with Generations. Or at least according to one person who posted at AHQ.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-sims-not-aging/td-p/1177454

EDIT: I think the time I fixed the problem with a mod was I ended up turning aging off for the whole town and then turned it back on again. I remember doing it a few times before it worked. But it was a long time ago now. It might have been NRAAS / Story Progression / Town Options / Stasis

Turn it on and then off. Not sure though.

I've recently had sims show as never aging but later on when I looked at them they were aging without me having to do anything about it.
  • @Zei - It might help to know what you are using for an aging manager as I can't quite tell from the above posts. Okay, that's not a question one gets asked every day and it probably doesn't even sound like English so I'll try to make it more of a multiple choice...

-- EA's own built-in aging system (it's all on or it's all off unless gameplay is in vacation mode or Uni World)
    -- NRaas StoryProgression
    -- Buzzler's Aging Manager mod
    -- AwesomeMod
    (or some other mod or a combination of these?)

MasterController and DebugEnabler have nothing to do with the game's constantly running or stalled aging manager. Neither does Stasis, the relevant NRaas SP command is called "Death: Allow Aging." But as @Karritz said just above, sometimes our sims' info tabs fall behind on reality especially if something has just changed in-game and they may show that sims are not aging when indeed they really are (or the other way around, even).
  • Thanks everyone for their comments.
    @igazor - I'm using EA's own aging system. No NRAAS Story Progression or any other mod. EA SP is also turned off. Normal aging is turned on.
  • Sadly the issue does persist across the entire world... I'm fine micro-managing and aging sims up myself rather than moving to an entirely new hood. I've done a lot of work in this one. I can trigger age transition with MC just fine, but I can't bring sims to use the birthday cake to age up. I feel like they were able to use the cake before even if they weren't 0-1 day away from aging up. Do you think there is a cheat/command to push them to the end of the age category, but not to age them up directly, so I can make them use a birthday cake?
  • NRaas MasterController together with its MC Cheats module will allow you to set sims' ages wherever you want them within their current age stage. But cakes are always supposed to work, it shouldn't matter where within an age stage sims are currently.

There are some other progression related downsides to having to play with aging not working correctly. For example, children and teens who are "about to" age up won't be seen as such so they won't get credit for and be able to attend school/afterschool related awards ceremonies and get their participation awards and bonuses. Older sims won't enter a midlife crisis when they otherwise might. But these things can be seen as relatively minor compared to other things that sims get to experience throughout their lifetimes.
    UlanDhor
    Seasoned Novice
    I've mentioned it before, but even with NRaas mods in place, the game doesn't allow me to use birthday cakes if, for whatever reason, aging is disabled at some place in SP for a sim. I always have to find where I disabled it (usually in the caste settings) and change the setting there (doing the same for the household or the sim should also work - first disable to activate the toggle, then enable). Unlike for romantic actions, I haven't found the setting that allows the active sim to bypass those settings, if any such option exists.