Forum Discussion

KatAnubis
Rising Novice
15 years ago

Fireworks Extravaganza

I thought that in honor of the 4th of July, that I'd set off some fireworks for my Sims. It turns out that if you have at least 5 fireworks (buyable from the Chinese General Merchant), that you can have an "extravaganza" of fireworks.

So, I told my Sim to set it off, but neglected to tell them to go outside first. Big mistake. My Sim set off a fire in their dining room (and none of the fireworks were visible from the map view like a normal fireworks.)

I did have her set off another "extravaganza" but sent her outside first. Very nice effects! (And no fires outside.)
  • KatAnubis wrote:
    Durn! It wouldn't play for me!

That really is too bad. It is, um entertaining... in my opinion, of course.
  • Smeelia wrote:
    I couldn't get the first one to work either, I liked the second one though. I should really try out more fireworks in my game :).

You could do one from a Sim's point of view :).

The first one is quite large; it takes several minutes to D/L before playing on my system (admittedly not the best system, but decent). There is some good reason to watch the first one :wink: 8) (Partly why I won't yet chance a free floating camera angle yet.)

bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    Thanks for the tips. I had totally forgotten about fireworks and have never tried them. Going to now. :mrgreen:
  • snoozball1 wrote:
    Is there a 5th of November-BonFireNight-In The sims 3 seasons?? xx

Sadly, not an official one. But your sims could host one anyway (maybe with fireworks and burn a pile of leaves for the bonfire).
  • Oops! What a mess! And I didn't know you could do extravaganzas. What fun! Guess what I'm going to do in honor of New Year's Eve in a few weeks? Thanks for the idea! I love celebrating real holidays in-game.
  • I came here wonder how people got the best fireworks display. I set out a dozen in a 3x4 grid, far enough apart to prevent a fire (hopefully). Then I gave instructions to 4 different sims to light 3 each. I had no idea about extravaganza. My sim is back in China and about to pick up more fireworks and wanted to know about other player's ideas.