Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Having both Sims 3 and Sims 4 installed on the same computer?

I read somewhere ( I can't recall where it was) that it would cause bugs or problems with the games working if you had both installed at the same time on the same computer, and I had recently removed Sims 4 because I was having so many bugs ( no mods either) and have been playing the Sims 3. I want to be able to try to see if another repair would make the other one work again ( still constantly trying even tho it has been annoying) but wanted to be sure if that was right or not. Any advice is helpful , thanks so much.
  • I've never had any problems with both installed. I don't see why you would. They're separate games.

I mean, both are pretty buggy on their own. I just don't think interaction is causing it.
  • I don't know who told you that but that's false info, I actually rarely see any bugs playing sims 4 and I've never uninstall sims 3 (its been siting on my desktop for years).
  • Maybe they meant like if you had them both running at the same time youd have issues? Through I dont know why you would do that, that seems like a bad time.
  • Thanks to you both so much, I just got Midnight Hollow on 3 and didn't want to not play it too if I can.