Forum Discussion

9 years ago

HELP . Screen settings UI too small

Basically I updated my computer to Windows 10, not by choice I might add, and all my sims settings were reverted, so I had to back and fix all those... BUT even when I got my screen size back to normal, the UI (is that what it's called ? ) the control panel thingy whatever is still too small, and all the notification bubbles, the UI used to go all the way to the other side of my screen and it is UNBELIEVABLY frustrating that it is now a lot smaller I can't handle this someone help me please I don't have good eyesight as it is. BTW yes my screen size is at maximum, I have a 15" laptop screen
  • I wasn't trying to argue back, but expensive gaming computers isn't something that everyone can afford, so I apologize for naturally getting defensive when people point out that my computer doesn't meet requirements because it's all I've got and when I was shopping for this laptop last year, I specifically said I wanted to be able to play Sims on it, and this was the best one that I was recommended, and it has served me wonderfully the last 8 months until this darned update last week :( Not only is the UI difficult to see but now the game is running horrendously slower. I have no idea whether reverting back to Windows 8 is an option or something I'm able to do. Perhaps for now I'm just going to have to wait around until I can afford a better computer, probably a desktop...
  • Sorry to hear that. And totally understand that a $1,000+ (USD) system was and is not in your budget. You can get away with cheaper than that, more so for a desktop than a laptop.

As for rolling back, does this help at all or has it been more than month since the unwanted update?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/going-back-to-windows-7-or-windows-81

• YES. I am now going back to Windows 8.1. HOPEFULLY I won't lose any of my programs or files in the process and this fixes my sims settings. Will let you all know in the next couple of days .
  • "Mo0se990;14779685" wrote:
    I wasn't trying to argue back, but expensive gaming computers isn't something that everyone can afford, so I apologize for naturally getting defensive when people point out that my computer doesn't meet requirements because it's all I've got and when I was shopping for this laptop last year, I specifically said I wanted to be able to play Sims on it, and this was the best one that I was recommended, and it has served me wonderfully the last 8 months until this darned update last week :( Not only is the UI difficult to see but now the game is running horrendously slower. I have no idea whether reverting back to Windows 8 is an option or something I'm able to do. Perhaps for now I'm just going to have to wait around until I can afford a better computer, probably a desktop...

Desktops to run this game $600-$700 and up USD. Desktops are stronger and cheaper for gaming than a laptop. Some desktops can be upgraded unlike a laptop. Even though it was running fine before because your laptop is under requirements and not designed to play this game,this game does have the potential to shorten the life span of your laptop because your forcing it to do something it really can't handle. We have seen people on really cheap laptops try to run this game with bad consistences. If you can get it to run after changing the OS I would invest in a laptop cooler and play the game on low. Dont play for hours at a time either.
  • "Mo0se990;14787418" wrote:
    GREAT news I am back to Windows 8.1 and all my settings are back to normal :) yAY. game is running smooth just like ol' times

I was worried that some semblance of graphics issues were going to follow you back to 8.1 after the rollback. Glad to hear that was not the case! :)
  • "potter1020;c-15811510" wrote:
    so how can i change the settings to make the ui bigger

The only way is to lower the game resolution in your launcher. This will make the ui larger
  • @potter1020 - Another way to put that is, other than adjusting resolution choices, we can't. The UI for TS3 is not flexible like it might be on other games. I believe that mod developers have tried to address this but none of them have been successful.