Forum Discussion

11 years ago

How do I locate a sim?

Okay so heres my story, my family lives in IP, one mother (divorced) and a child. The mother has a romntic interest but pretty much WHENEVER I call him he says 'I'm at work right now and I dont know when I'll be done' I've been playing sims for a long time now and I know when they say that they usually work at places like the festival or a bar or something but I can't find him anywhere. I'm not even sure if he's a townie or not :shock: but his name is Rajan Patel. I've heard of someone using master controller to locate a sim but I dont know how to do that (I do have master controller)
Please help because I wanna find wherever this guy works because it's annoying me now :lol:
    katitjv
    New Spectator
    I checked the wiki and he seems to be unemployed, so it is very likely that he now works on one of those random NPC jobs like the bar, or a festival stand. But he should live in the town, which is good news.

Sometimes, I've wanted my sim to meet a townie, and I've been turned down too many times, when I've asked them out or to come over. In those few occasions I've reseted that certain sim, which sends them back home, and then gone to visit him/her. But then, to do that, you might have to try to locate, where he lives pretty fast, or he'll run away again :)

Here's what I found from the Wiki:
    Los Amigos household Sandy Beach, Surf Island
    Ā§12,000
    Difficulty: 2
    Harley Greenwood, Rajan Patel
    Harley and Rajan are enjoying an extended stay on the islands. Harley won't go home until he's caught all the fish, and Rajan won't go home until he's romanced all the ladies! With goals like that they're here for the long haul!
  • Also it could be that he is stuck somewhere in a routing error. Use the resetSim cheat on him, because if that is what is going on with him, he will eventually die.
    IreneSwift
    Seasoned Newcomer
    If he's an NPC, he doesn't live in the town, and he could disappear at any time. The best thing to do is find him with Master Controller ASAP, and move him into a house. You don't actually have to find him to do that. You can just click on any house, select MC, then Add Sim and find him in the menu. You can add him to your own household instead, then you would be able to control him. He would lose his job at whatever venue it is, if you do that, but then you could get him a job with set hours, making it easier for your sim to spend time with him.
  • IreneSwift wrote:
    If he's an NPC, he doesn't live in the town, and he could disappear at any time. The best thing to do is find him with Master Controller ASAP, and move him into a house. You don't actually have to find him to do that. You can just click on any house, select MC, then Add Sim and find him in the menu. You can add him to your own household instead, then you would be able to control him. He would lose his job at whatever venue it is, if you do that, but then you could get him a job with set hours, making it easier for your sim to spend time with him.

The sim they are asking about is actually a EA Premade Sim, who can actually be playable if you choose his household.