Forum Discussion

10 years ago

I want to eliminate my Sims' celebrity status

She has four stars. She is a loner. I do not want to deal with the celebrity thing, and I have disabled celebrities in the population option and opted out for her. Yet, even after moving to an entirely new town, she is still besieged by paparazzi. Is there a cheat to get rid of her celebrity status?
  • @CravenLestat The freebies and discounts are hands down the best part of celeb status. Also, I'm pretty sure at any level, celeb status never decays. At least that is just what I have observed in my games.

And yeah, I know about the whole city hall thing, but I don't play with cheats so I don't like to spend my sims' hard-earned money on something like that. Plus, again, ain't nobody got time for that when there are gardens to grow, skills to be learned, degrees to be earned and sims to woohoo. So I just let the moodlet sit there and rot away. Lol.
  • Huh, didn't know that. My sims don't get involved in scandals very often at all, so that is probably why I haven't noticed anything. Good to know. :)
    IreneSwift
    Seasoned Newcomer
    NRaas Story Progression depreciates celebrity at all levels, by default. I just started playing in Hidden Springs, and I don't want the Vanderburgs' celebrity to depreciate, because it just doesn't make sense that it would, seeing as how they are royalty. But I do want everybody else's to, especially my sim's. So, I set depreciation for level 4 at 0, because that's the level all of the Vanderburgs are at. I also bumped Francisca way down to level 1, because she's a runaway, and supposedly her mother doesn't even know where she is, so it makes sense she would not be in the public eye if she is in hiding. Besides, she's my sim's coworker, and with my sim's high level of charisma, her irresistible trait she got when she earned her university degree, and her office hero LTR, my sim got to level 2 celebrity as soon as they became friends, on my sim's second day at work. After that happened, I changed the number of celebrity points sims will get from social interactions from 25 to 5, and took away my sim's celebrity, because I didn't want to have to deal with that so soon in her game.

I'm going to have to do something different when other sims get to level 4 (especially mine), but for right now, this is working. Unfortunately, seeing as how my sim just married a friend of Sebastian Vanderburg's and he and his step-father both attended the wedding, along with all 3 of the paparazzi in town, my sim just got bumped up to level 2 again, at her wedding, and her husband made level 1. Sigh. But at least he got enough money from the sale of his house so that they can put a fence and celebrity gate around their property. I used retuner to change the settings that limit how much of their net worth they get to keep when they move in with someone, so that they get ALL of it.

I wanted to play with all of those celebrity settings on default in this game, for a change, but that was before I knew my sim would be working with Francisca and would marry a friend of Sebastian's. I think they might use some of their money for a cowplant, too.

Sorry to be going on and on like this, but that just reminded me of an incident in a long ago game. I had bought my sims a cowplant, to try and do in some of the paparazzi. There was one of them I especially disliked, because he was more obnoxious than the others, and the cowplant kept eating him and spitting him out. But, there was another one who I would have had my sims make friends with if he had not been a paparazzi. And, wouldn't you know, when the cowplant finally ate a parazzi for real it was the one I liked! :'(
  • There is a mod at MTS 'Only Paparazzi Eat Cake' for the Cow Plant. That's another great way to rid those pests.

I'm curious, however, about being able to lock your gates? I don't have that option on my Celeb gate when I click on it. Only has Open Gate or Close Gate functions. Am I missing something?
  • @CravenLestat I just saw your post now, I think something has been distracting me the past couple of days. *cough*

Anywho, I shall do that. I'm not good at creating sims, and I might just tweak some things a bit to make a really UGLY Kanye sim. Heh Heh Heh

ETA: Ah, this is why I didn't see this till just now...it got moved to the Showtime forum, which I never visit...but wait a sec?? Why wouldn't they put it in the Late Night forum because that is when celebrities are introduced? Huh?
  • It may be since you're in a new town/world, the population settings were reset.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Use Testingcheatsenabled true code. It's only way.