Forum Discussion

NikkeiSimmer
Rising Adventurer
5 years ago

Is Pre-2012 CD the only way to play Sims w/o internet?

Since my ability to connect to the internet connection is not constant, I need to find a way to start Sims 3 from CD only without ANY internet connection.

As far as I know the only method is to have the pre-2012 disc to run the game from and refusing to upgrade to 1.69 upon installation of the game. And tracking down the discs to every EP, SP and world.

Even with Steam, I presume you still have to log in initially to Steam’s service in order to launch the game and with no access to the internet I presume that’s the only way

There is no way to do this when you upgrade to update version 1.69. . That ties you down to always having to have internet access just incase that Origin throws up an update and requires you to login to it’s client service again.

I guess I’m a troglodyte however it’s frustrating when you have to maintain a constant internet connection just to have access to the games you want to play, but I guess that’s the way video games are going we don’t pay to “own” the games any more. We pay for the right to rent the use of the game subject to TOS.