Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Just a quick heads-up

Recently Sims3 and several expansions have become available on Steam(matter of fact that is how I got mine), just to let any players using the Steam version know, but the "Create a World" tool does not work with the Steam version, it will fail to recognize that the game is installed. However once you have registered your games on the mypage.thesims3.com/ site it will become available on the Origin game manager and if you switch to using that instead of Steam to play(warning, you do have to download and install through Origin to do this even if you already have it installed through Steam) then the tool will recognize that you have it and become useable.
  • Thanks for sharing, I was looking into getting some missing SPs and EPs to complete my collection from steam so thanks for the heads up!
  • I know this'll be necro'ing the thread, but just to let you know if interested, CAW can be used with Steam, but it does require a registry tweak to do so. Also, remember Steam's version of Sims3 is 1.67 unlike Origin's which is 1.69.
    You can find instructions here in Steam's "The Sims 3: Community Guides" https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=277022926

And yes, it works. Haven't actually figured CAW out yet, but I have followed this guide and can use it now.
    RouenSims
    Seasoned Rookie
    This may be a necropost, but it is greatly helpful, as I recently thought about buying Sims 3 on Steam!
  • "Rouenpucelle;c-17224037" wrote:
    This may be a necropost, but it is greatly helpful, as I recently thought about buying Sims 3 on Steam!

Have fun with it! ^_^

About The Sims 3 General Discussion

Connect with fellow Simmers and share your experiences in The Sims 3 official community.6,698 PostsLatest Activity: 11 minutes ago