Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Notification Pop Ups

Is there a way to disable these through a Nraas Mod? I did see a post that @igazor wrote about them, but I think maybe I'm missing an add-on because I still get them and it makes filming difficult when I have notifications pop up all the time!
  • "aricarai;c-15855517" wrote:
    Are you kidding me? They don't come up again if you don't touch them? I always angrily close them because they choose to pop up while I'm filming! :lol: I'll remember that for next time!

@igazor already covered the story notices from SP, but you can make a couple of settings changes in the game itself to reduce the notifications that SP doesn't have anything to do with. The ones that I'm thinking of are to disable memories and lessons and that kind of thing. Some of the game-generated notifications (upper-right slide-out panel) are ones that you'd probably want to see, such as party invitations, skill level increases, and that sort of thing, so turning them off entirely wouldn't be such a hot idea. Now if we could just turn off "Your Sim wants to buy " wishes and similar nonsense, we'd be golden.
  • My favorite one is "You should really make this a Date or dial back the romance now or else someone in the Group is going to get upset!" or something like that when your active household consists of an elder, a grandchild, and a puppy with no one grouping up or romancing anyone. The game will always find some small way to annoy us, I can be pretty sure of that. :p
  • Well, I know in Story Progression... General settings > Options: Stories > you can disallow stories.

But I am not sure if that would disable all of the notifications.
  • If it's SP story notifications we are talking about, the place to start is SP > General Options > All Stories > (set to None or some smaller subset than everyone in town). But correct, that won't have any impact on other types of notifications.
  • "igazor;c-15855188" wrote:
    If it's SP story notifications we are talking about, the place to start is SP > General Options > All Stories > (set to None or some smaller subset than everyone in town). But correct, that won't have any impact on other types of notifications.

@igazor - Is there a way to completely turn off all notifications?
  • "aricarai;c-15855284" wrote:
    "igazor;c-15855188" wrote:
    If it's SP story notifications we are talking about, the place to start is SP > General Options > All Stories > (set to None or some smaller subset than everyone in town). But correct, that won't have any impact on other types of notifications.

Not that I know of. But if we are talking about the ones that appear in the upper right corner, isn't the case that if you ignore the first one, the panel slides to the right off-screen and further such notifications do not display until you activate the panel again?

The more in your face, center of the screen ones I don't see how those can be suppressed unless there's a cheat code built in that I'm just not thinking of.
  • "igazor;c-15855396" wrote:
    "aricarai;c-15855284" wrote:
    "igazor;c-15855188" wrote:

Not that I know of. But if we are talking about the ones that appear in the upper right corner, isn't the case that if you ignore the first one, the panel slides to the right off-screen and further such notifications do not display until you activate the panel again?

Are you kidding me? They don't come up again if you don't touch them? I always angrily close them because they choose to pop up while I'm filming! :lol: I'll remember that for next time!
  • "marstinson;c-15855553" wrote:
    "aricarai;c-15855517" wrote:

@igazor already covered the story notices from SP, but you can make a couple of settings changes in the game itself to reduce the notifications that SP doesn't have anything to do with. The ones that I'm thinking of are to disable memories and lessons and that kind of thing. Some of the game-generated notifications (upper-right slide-out panel) are ones that you'd probably want to see, such as party invitations, skill level increases, and that sort of thing, so turning them off entirely wouldn't be such a hot idea. Now if we could just turn off "Your Sim wants to buy " wishes and similar nonsense, we'd be golden.

Yeah, I just don't want them to appear when I'm filming, but if all I need to do is stop touching them and they won't appear until I touch them again, then I don't really need them off! :mrgreen:
    karritz
    New Spectator
    Try hitting the F10 key. I often do that when recording.

Edit. Its not exactly what you're looking for but you might find it useful.