Forum Discussion

Lucy_Henley
New Spectator
6 years ago

Sim apparently graduated university but I didn’t send them

As title says.

A couple I play with had eight kids (total). Some of the kids moved out and I’ve been playing with them. I decided to go back to the original family home, and the mom has the Graduated from University moodlet, but I never sent her. She apparently has a degree in Fine Arts, at a B grade. Is this just a thing that happens sometimes? Or what? Story progression is on. She does have all the instrument skills at a pretty high level, as well as a lot of Cooking skill, but it’s still odd.
  • I am curious too!

I have played with townies in new savegames that already had a university diploma, adults as well as younger sims. I usually have Story Progression on (unmodded game) but have not at those moments checked for any explanation. They had 5 trait slots and the diploma seemed random: not intuitively matched to their traits/skills. Lots of townies/NPC's have diplomas when asked about 'alumnus' 'major' as social interaction. I have no idea why it happens, it would be nice to know, I mean more specifically; it does seem like one of those random features in the game. (Having UL).

Others experiencing it:

Previous active, then inactive child 'getting' diploma:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815317/child-sim-gets-diploma#Comment_13306858

MTS, post 8 by Tigga07 (thread only included to show that others experience it, not to endorse anything :smiley: ):
    http://modthesims.info/t/499047

Edit: I have a problem with apostrophe's.
    Edit 2: wrong word..
  • This has happened to me before when I played a household and then changed households, then came back to original household. Feels really weird!
  • I have some CC from the Sims 3 Store but no other mods. She doesn't even have an extra trait!
    When I went to her son's household, he'd been given the exact same degree with the exact same grade. I guess it just happens sometimes *shrug*
  • Not a bug or function of a mod. This is normal functionality of EA’s story progression.
  • Thanks for the explanation. University is still a relatively new expansion pack for me and so I hadn't come across it before.
  • "Chanty25;c-17350130" wrote:
    My Sim married a guy after Graduation. He moved in and it says that he finished his classes but never graduated. He didn't get a diploma or the perks for a higher paying job and he can't enroll in any university classes. It says that he completed his classes.

Just checking, but are you aware this is a TS3 thread? Sims should always be able to register for classes (in a different major if necessary), but TS4 is of course a very different game.
  • My Sim married a guy after Graduation. He moved in and it says that he finished his classes but never graduated. He didn't get a diploma or the perks for a higher paying job and he can't enroll in any university classes. It says that he completed his classes.