Forum Discussion

ZeeGee1
Seasoned Hotshot
7 years ago

STEAM SALE!! April 2021

Gonna pick up a few stuff packs myself. You?
  • "igazor;c-16322744" wrote:
    "MidnightAura;c-16322701" wrote:
    I have a little bit of store content. All the worlds. No idea how I would transfer them over. But seriously considering moving. Need to research how to uninstall the game including cleaning the registry to see if I can do it without breaking anything!

After securing my TS3 user game folder from Documents, I uninstalled from Origin (I think) and then from the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features, the name varies by version of Windows) if anything was leftover. Then I used the free version of Piriform's CCleaner to clean the registry. That part was pretty painless (for me).
    https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Ha ha that part is the scariest part for me, if I get it wrong on my husband’s pc which is my guinea pig he would kill me :p
  • Just wanted to weigh in for any mac users reading this. A mac lifer myself, I bought every EP and almost every SP I didn't already own (Katy Perry's Sweet Treats can shove it) during the holiday sale. I was on my mac when I logged in and made the purchases. Steam processed them and took my money (well, my gift card credit, anyway) but told me I couldn't install on my computer and wouldn't give me the CD keys I needed to download the EPs from Origin. After some reassurance from igazor and TreyNutz that I wouldn't damage my chance to use my new packs, I logged on to Steam on a PC, and the keys were displayed with my other game info. I never needed to install anything on the PC. The keys were recognized on Origin, which then let me download whatever I wanted.

Also, for anyone wondering, buying the base game again was actually a good thing—Steam was selling a starter pack (base game, Generations, Seasons, Pets) for $7.50, i.e. 75% off the usual $30. Each pack was selling for $5, so I still saved money. And as people have already mentioned, I received the extra 1,000 Sim points as well.
  • If you had all the sims 3 SPS amd EPs on origin and then bought it again on steam; what becomes of your store content? Have I read Igazor wrong and thinking you can’t keep your store content and would need to re download it like on a separate store account?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m just wanting to cover all angles before I consider making the jump!
  • "MidnightAura;c-16323052" wrote:
    If you had all the sims 3 SPS amd EPs on origin and then bought it again on steam; what becomes of your store content? Have I read Igazor wrong and thinking you can’t keep your store content and would need to re download it like on a separate store account?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m just wanting to cover all angles before I consider making the jump!

You don't need a separate Store account. For some reason downloaded Store content sims3packs won't install when you switch from Steam to Origin, or the reverse. After you make the switch just log into your Store account as usual and re-download and reinstall everything from your purchase history. That's what I had to do when I moved from Steam to Origin and apparently that's that @igazor had to do when he moved from Origin to Steam.
  • "MidnightAura;c-16323052" wrote:
    If you had all the sims 3 SPS amd EPs on origin and then bought it again on steam; what becomes of your store content? Have I read Igazor wrong and thinking you can’t keep your store content and would need to re download it like on a separate store account?

You would need to re-download your store content, but not on a separate store account.

The underlying issue is that the content you have downloaded now is not expecting to be used on the new version of the base game you will have just bought on Steam and registered to your TS3 page, it's expecting to be used on the Orign/disc version you had prior.

Edit: Or what @TreyNutz said twelve seconds before I hit "Post Comment." :p
  • What expansions did everyone decide on this time. I can’t decide. :O
  • So I played on The Sims 3 last night, and neither the High End Loft Stuff or Master Suite has installed, so I'm going to buy Island Paradise, install and then use the Launcher and see if that works
  • 50% for Expansion Packs and 25% for Stuff Packs? C’mon. Last few sales were 75% for all.

And Sims 3 prices increased in my country because our currency lost value to USD.

I guess I will wait for 75% for World Adventures.
  • @Keiomestre There is the World Adventures / Generations Bundle. That is the better deal. 2 games for the price of 1. The worlds bundle includes Hidden Springs / Monte Vista. Hidden Springs is meh, IMO, because all the rabbithole are plain and exactly the ones you'll find in Sunset Valley, and the only cool object in it is the premium content. Monte Vista, on the other hand, has a very nice terrain, good-looking rabbitholes and the Monte Vista stove.

By the way, what is your country?