Forum Discussion

7 years ago

The Most Depressing Townie Stories

If you're anything like me, you keep tabs on the townies that are friends with your Sims and their stories can be pretty interesting even if they're not your active family, especially if they end up in a particularly sad place.

In my Starlight Shores save, the Best family became good friends with my Sim's family, because they were the first to visit my founder when she moved in. Now the Catherine and Evan Best are elders and all of their kids have moved out. I noticed that after Paul Best (the grandfather) died the kids started moving out as teens because they couldn't stand living in the house with someone. Now that my sim witnessed Evan Best kissing Alora Platt at Catherine's party and the two divorced on the spot, I realized that Evan was the problem (that little ordeal gave my sim a -50 moodlet for days....). Now Catherine has moved out too and Evan is alone, divorced in the 7 bedroom house they used to share with their huge family and is now 5 days away from "Aging up" :| .

That was the most depressing townie story I've seen, especially since the Best family is pretty affluent and has good traits, I didn't expect things to go off the rails like that so quickly!

I'd like to hear your stories of times where Townies' lives have taken an unexpected turn for the worse!