Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Twin Foals?

I've looked around for this and seen it once or twice but: do you think there will be a possibility of twin foals when horses breed? Maybe they have a fertility treatment like the sims do. I've seen a spoiler about a lifetime reward like this... what are your thoughts?

BABY TWIN UNICORNS! :D
  • Don't horses have the fertility treatment life reward?

I don't think I'd really go for twin foals- they don't usually happen, and think of how big an adult mare is.. think of how big a foal is. They're large and powerful animals.. but not that large.

I'd pity the mother, too.
  • You can always cheat and use NRAAS master controller

If you happen to have it.. Nraas > Master Controller > Intermediate (pretty sure, anyway) > Instant Baby > Home Lot (If you own the sire.. You can have two mares spawn a baby this way too) *If you don't own the sire, you can scroll down the list and there should be "Species" I believe? And you can find the available horse you want that way

There's also a Pollinate option somewhere, and I've accidently pollinated a stud >_< so.. we'll see what happens there.

Instant baby has no Gestation period, it just spawns the foal. And it'll ask you how many foals to have, I've only gone up to 3 at a time (Using it so I can have Pick of the Litter, really xD) and you can pick the genders - all fillies/females, colts/males, or let the game choose.
  • AithneCroi wrote:
    Not all that rare, one of my belgian mares just dropped a set of twins. Though the "runt" of the two is laying down in my living room as we have to bottle feed her an keep a very close eye on her we have been told there's a high chance both foals an mare will survive an be healthy.

Is that is real life or the game?
  • I've actually had twin foals. well they technicly were't my horse's twins but they were brother and sister. Both the same age and both showed up on my lot. So I ended up having 3 baby horses. What I did was once it said my mare was pregnant I ******** houses for the whole time she was pregnant. Then I went back to that sim family after that certain time and there were 3 foals in my lot.
  • smjjames wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they can't and twin horse foals are very rare in real life (not exactly sure why, something about the mother not being able to support both properly maybe?), so it'll be only one foal at a time.

It's actually only a little less common than in humans, but usually they're papers do not show the twins because most of the time only one survives birth if any.
  • niokapayne wrote:
    You can always cheat and use NRAAS master controller

If you happen to have it.. Nraas > Master Controller > Intermediate (pretty sure, anyway) > Instant Baby > Home Lot (If you own the sire.. You can have two mares spawn a baby this way too) *If you don't own the sire, you can scroll down the list and there should be "Species" I believe? And you can find the available horse you want that way

There's also a Pollinate option somewhere, and I've accidently pollinated a stud >_< so.. we'll see what happens there.

Instant baby has no Gestation period, it just spawns the foal. And it'll ask you how many foals to have, I've only gone up to 3 at a time (Using it so I can have Pick of the Litter, really xD) and you can pick the genders - all fillies/females, colts/males, or let the game choose.

I pollinated my stud too XD but I selected pregnancy and ended it as fast as I could, sadly I have forgotten to to that with my elder male dog...
  • This thread has been necrod now a few times so I am going to close it :smile:

Thanks,
    -Mage