Forum Discussion

7 years ago

University Life Barista Bar + NRaas Register

Is it possible to place the barista bar on a residential lot and assign a Sim to man it via NRass register, plus possibly set the hours they work?
  • I'm pretty sure that's not possible. (edit: see below)

On a residential lot the snacks work just like quick meals and but the drinks cost money unless your sim has the ingredient in his or her inventory.

If you just want the drinks, this mod adds them to the coffee machines.
  • The placement of many Commercial lot type items on a Residential lot requires a mod. Not entirely sure, but I think the coffee barista station is one of those items. It's Buzzler's Build/Buy Restriction "Breaker" (the real name is a forbidden word here), part of his Builder Stuff set.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=450059

Yes, you can assign a Role Sim to then staff it (could be wrong about this as @TreyNutz suggests above, didn't see his response prior) but you won't have any customers except for sims who live on the lot already or those whom you invite over or invite to parties. May I ask why you require this if your sims can walk up to the station and make/serve their own coffee drinks?

What many of us prefer is to use regular looking coffee makers to make the barista types of drinks, mostly because the Uni barista station looks ridiculous in a more typical home kitchen and we don't need the pastry display part.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523680

But maybe you are aiming for a different kind of result here?
  • Okay, I stand corrected then. I've had Buzzler's mod in play for so many years now that I sometimes forget exactly which objects it's unlocking and which came already unlocked for use.
  • "TreyNutz;c-16301453" wrote:
    @igazor, the barista coffee bar is not a community lot exclusive item. It's right with the juice bars for residential lots. I'd have to go in game to check whether you can assign a role sim to it when it's on a residential lot. I don't use them on residential lots often, but I do use them in dorms (which are technically community lots). Never got a role sim to man them, and never thought to since I meant them only for dormies.

This is the reason that I want it @TreyNutz. I'm renovating a dorm and trying to add things that I typically saw in dorms when I went to uni. :mrgreen:

So it works - that's awesome; just assign with register. Is there a mod to assign hours?
  • "TreyNutz;c-16301782" wrote:
    "aricarai;c-16301712" wrote:
    "TreyNutz;c-16301453" wrote:
    @igazor, the barista coffee bar is not a community lot exclusive item. It's right with the juice bars for residential lots. I'd have to go in game to check whether you can assign a role sim to it when it's on a residential lot. I don't use them on residential lots often, but I do use them in dorms (which are technically community lots). Never got a role sim to man them, and never thought to since I meant them only for dormies.

This is the reason that I want it @TreyNutz. I'm renovating a dorm and trying to add things that I typically saw in dorms when I went to uni. :mrgreen:

So it works - that's awesome; just assign with register. Is there a mod to assign hours?

Not that I know of.

Okay - thank you @TreyNutz & @igazor too for your guys' help.

I'll continue on with my renovation of the dorm as I imagined it!
  • @igazor, the barista coffee bar is not a community lot exclusive item. It's right with the juice bars for residential lots. I'd have to go in game to check whether you can assign a role sim to it when it's on a residential lot. I don't use them on residential lots often, but I do use them in dorms (which are technically community lots). Never got a role sim to man them, and never thought to since I meant them only for dormies.
  • I just tried this out in a test game. A barista attendant isn't assigned automatically when you place the bar on a residential lot so you don't need to disable the assignment with Register. However, you can assign one with Register if you wish. The sim showed up and tended the bar. I didn't play long; I don't know if the sim will tend the bar 24/7 or not.

I also don't see the purpose for normal play, but I guess it would be useful for a party.
  • "aricarai;c-16301712" wrote:
    "TreyNutz;c-16301453" wrote:

Not that I know of.