Forum Discussion

3 years ago

What Are Your Favorite and Least Favorite Sims 3 Expansions Packs?

As the title states. A question that has been asked before, but one that is always fun. The Sims 3 EPs introduce a plethora of new features, we all obviously have our favorites. What are yours?

My personal favorite has to be Ambitions. As somebody whose rather career-oriented IRL, I loved that we finally had the opportunity to follow our sims to work and directly engage with their workspaces and colleagues. Every new profession introduced in Ambitions was fun and engaging IMO, and I loved the skills, especially inventing. Not to mention that Twinbrook is one of my favorite towns in the entirety of The Sims, and the Simbot is my favorite life state.

My least favorite pack has to be Showtime, for a myriad of different reasons. Firstly, the entire premise is simply a re-do of Late Night with a stronger focus on stage performances. That automatically makes many of its features redundant. Secondly, SimPort is simply a bad idea. The Sims, at least for me, has always been a single player experience. I do not want any built-in online features. But a substantial portion of Showtime's features are semi-reliant on it, which of course means that the pack has a bit of a shelf life when EA inevitably shuts down online features for The Sims 3. Thirdly, I didn't really enjoy the careers the EP provided at all. I played with them once, and haven't touched them since. The only reason it remains on my hard drive is due to me occasionally making use of the genie and me finding use for some of the buy mode items. I've played every other EP extensively, most of them since their day of release. Showtime was the only exception as it was the only one I had zero interest in whatsoever, though I obviously did buy it about a year later when it was on sale.

Sadly, polls in The Sims Forums only allow a total of 10 options, so one of the EPs had to be excluded. I selected Into The Future, simply because it was the final EP. Please comment below if that is your favorite EP, however!