Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Would you be interested in a Sims 3 64 bit update

I would like to know everyone's opinion on this matter. I personally would really enjoy a 64 bit update, it might help with lag. :)
    cb2342z
    New Spectator
    I think it would run a lot better. I have a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7010 as an interim desktop. With a 3rd gen i7 and 16GB of RAM, it should run TS3 very well. But, it doesn't since we can only use 2 GB of RAM. Even cheap "budget-oriented" $300 laptops have more RAM than that! I won't buy any computer with less than 8GB of RAM. I have a Toshiba Satellite with a Pentium and 4GB of RAM I use less than once or twice a year (backup PC in case another bites the dust), and it's a paperweight. SO SLOW! And it was that way when it was still my main laptop before getting replaced with a laptop with i7/8GB of RAM.
  • i used to absolutely love ts3, but it unfortunately got to the point where i could hardly run it. having it in 64-bit and being able to try it again after all these years would be so nice...
  • Question;
    If I get the 64 bit Sims 3 would I still be able to use my old save file? Can I still pick up where I left off in my game by saving my save file and backups and then adding it to the new 64 bit version of Sims 3?

Plus will any world I create with CAW still work with the 64 bit Sims 3?

Update;
    Oops! Never mind! Just realized that the 64 bit Sims version is only for Mac users and not for Windows. Oh well.

Burnziie
    Seasoned Novice
    I have a huge feeling it'd be essential. Last I tried it my computer which could keep stable 60s on modern games could hardly run TS3 without major simulation-lag + long loadtimes even with all the essential mods.

I really want to go back to TS3 but I can't because of the lag, and a nice 64bit upgrade might do wonders.