Forum Discussion

IreneSwift
Seasoned Newcomer
7 years ago

Writing Issue

It's Sunday of the fifth week of my current game. One of the household members writes books. He just got his royalties, but he only got the money for the most recent book he finished. His skill log showed that he should be getting $6,461, but he only got $4,046. This happened before with this same household, and the same writer. In the previous game, his wife has also started writing, and she didn't get any royalties at all that time, even though she should have. I tried moving them to another town, in hopes it would reset their royalties and they would get what he should be getting, but it didn't change anything. Eventually, the save became corrupted, so I started them over. Now it's happening again.

I had to reset the household in the previous save, and it was right after that when the royalties got messed up. I have never reset the whole lot in this save, but I did have to reset some objects in their house between the previous Sunday and this one. Is this a known glitch? I've never had it happen with any of my sims before, only this household. Does anyone know of any way to fix it?
  • @IreneSwift I don't have a writer in my current games at this point, but, doesn't it say that 'John will get xxx payments for 6 weeks', so after 6 weeks that payment will drop out for the first book, and if he hasn't written new books the total royalties should drop. I've actually never tested that by not writing anymore books though. My royalties have always gone up as the newer books earn more. I'm was not sure if the coding is smart enough to calculate a new save versus old save, must be somewhat since you did get some royalties during the previous weeks in your new save.
  • Maybe some mod has influence on royalties? Have you any?

Have you tried to delete cache files? It may help.
    They are in The Sims 3 folder (documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3)

-CASPartCache.package
    -compositorCache.package
    -scriptCache.package
    -simCompositorCache.package
    -socialCache.package
    -contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Game may load longer, but after one load these files should appear again and everything should load faster.

If this doesn't help, try reset whole town by Nraas's master controller.
    Click on town halle and choose Nraas>Town>Reset Everything.
    mw1525
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Pulling at straws here but, how does your writer write? Does he use the same computer or do you switch them up? The only thing which comes to mind is something is screwing with the function which keeps track of his progress. Could the issue be coming from the PC?? Or, could it be coming from the Sims themselves?? I haven't a clue as I haven't encountered this type of an issue before. I hope whatever it is gets resolved soon.
    IreneSwift
    Seasoned Newcomer
    @chojrak I clear the cache files every time I quit the game, and I reset the whole town every sim Saturday night. And those things don't help.

@bekkasan Yes, you are correct, royalties for each book last for 6 sim weeks. My sims just started week 5, so none of them should have expired. And according to his skill log, his current royalties were supposed to be $6461, for 3 different books, but he only got paid for the last one he wrote. There shouldn't be any tie-over from the old save, because I started them entirely over from the beginning. I did not save the progressed household because it was corrupted.

@mw1525 This sim always uses the same computer. I really don't know what could be causing it. I was hoping it might be a glitch that other players have experienced. If it isn't, then something is definitely wrong with this save. This problem has pretty much killed my desire to keep playing that family, unless it can be fixed. But I'd rather not keep playing them if I'm going to lose them to corruption again.