Forum Discussion

izzyandjohn
Newcomer
3 days ago

Sims 3 not opening, takes me back to Origin

I've downloaded Origin on my new laptop and then downloaded sims 3 & my expansion packs, when i launch the game through origin it opens up the sims 3 game launcher and when i click play it takes me back to the Origin app and keeps going like this. I've uninstalled both apps and tried again but no luck. Do i need to delete it from my old laptop or is there another solution?

• izzyandjohn  Are you using Origin or the EA App?  I ask because Origin has been sunset for Windows and for all versions of macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and newer.

Anyway, if your computer runs Windows, and it has a 12th-gen or newer Intel processor, please see the accepted solution of this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/td-p/11057820

Otherwise, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the Camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting options.

If you happen to have a Mac, please list its full specs: everything under About This Mac including the OS and except for the serial number.

You don't need to uninstall Sims 3 from your old laptop.  That's unrelated to this issue.