Forum Discussion

6 years ago

--CLOSED--Casting Call for Sims SURVIVOR Reality Show

THIS CASTING CALL IS CLOSED. ALL POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED.

Are you a fan of the reality show Survivor? If so, then this casting call is for you!

I am looking for 12 14 castaways to play the game of Survivor. Two tribes of six eight members each will live in primitive conditions on one of the beautiful islands of Sulani. Players face off in reward and immunity challenges in hopes to ultimately become the Sole Survivor.

Rules for Creating Your Survivor Hopeful

• Sim must be created using the new CAS Story mode.
  • Sim must be Young Adult, Adult, or Elder. (You may create a Sim of yourself if you want, but if you choose to go there just know that you may endure humiliation or even death.)
  • Sim must be fully human because they will be sequestered every day. The Survivor production team will not be able to meet the unique needs of mermaids, vampires, and other occult Sims.
  • Create only one Sim in a household for each entry. You may enter as many different Sims as you wish; just be sure they are uploaded separately to the Gallery.
  • Please do not use any custom content. Default CC such as skin and eyes are okay if you don't want to uninstall them. Any content from Expansion, Stuff, and Game Packs and EA downloadable content is fine.
  • No makeup or jewelry, unless noted otherwise below—hats are okay.
  • All hairstyles must be consistent across outfit categories (makes it easier for the audience to follow).
  • Sims should be created using the clothing guidelines below. Note that the clothing guidelines are a rule of thumb--not absolutes. Don't stress about it if the guidelines are confusing. I'm just going for the general feel of Survivor. I won't be counting how many pairs of underwear your Sim has.

Clothing Guidelines
Sims have limited clothing options on the island, so please outfit your Sim accordingly. Below is a list of clothing items each Sim can take to the island with them. You may use any combination of these across the different clothing categories, with the exception of Formal and Party clothes.

• two pairs of shoes (one must be athletic)
  • one pair of underwear
  • one shirt
  • one pair of shorts, cropped pants, OR a skirt
  • one bathing suit/bikini
  • one travel outfit (see notes on Formalwear below)

Combine any of the above to create outfits for Everyday, Athletic, Sleep, Hot Weather, and Cold Weather. You can use the outfit filter options to choose clothes from other categories. For example, your Sim can be wearing underwear for the Everyday outfit—happens all the time on Survivor!—or your Sim can sleep in a bathing suit. It’s up to you.

The Formal and Party outfit categories have their own guidelines:
Formal: This is the outfit that your Sims wore on their flight to Sulani. You may use makeup as you please for this outfit. (Don’t you love to laugh at the Survivor participants who show up in ridiculous clothes like heels or suits, only to discover they must compete in their first challenge wearing those clothes?)
Party: This should be a “going Native” outfit that has a tribal look. If you have Island Living, there are some great options included for tribal style clothing. Also, feel free to use the face paint to give your Sims a primitive warrior look. (At some point in the game, your Sim may go on a reward feast hosted by the locals.)

Posting Your Survivor Hopeful
Upload your Sim to the gallery with the tags #Survivor #CastingCall.
Post in this thread with your Gallery username and the following information about your Sim:

• picture
  • name
  • career
  • skills
  • aspiration
  • traits

The following creators have a Survivor contestant in the game. The casting call will close on Saturday, August 10, or when 14 creators have submitted at least one Sim--whichever comes first.
1 @pammiechick
2 @kittymeow
3 @nerdfashion
4 @VanPelt81
5 @Irishsong
6 @Skeilah
7 @badxwolfxrising
8 @haswh
9 @SoulGal7
10 @Becka28
11 @StarDreamer
12 @Damaro
13 @phantasmkiss
14 JustBecca

Thank you and good luck!

P.S. For those of you who are curious about me or Sims Survivor, here’s some background. I’ve been playing The Sims since it’s very first release in 2000 . . . so 19 years. Wow! Obviously, I’m also a fan of the reality show Survivor. I recently got the idea to play Sim Survivor—not sure why it took me so long to think of it. I was curious as to how many people had already done it, and found one series that I love on Youtube: “Youtuber Survivor All-Stars” by 8BitDylan. Youtuber tinypixel recently posted an intro video, “Sims Survivor: Mua Pel'am Intro,” which looks AMAZING—can’t wait for more of that one. 😊