Forum Discussion

11 years ago

4 sims games and still no bank or banking system?

I have been playing the Sims long time since the launch of the first game. My favourite expansion pack has always been Open for Business in the Sims 2

What disappoints me is that still the developers have not realised the monetary importance to include it in the game. I Have written so much about it years ago. Sims games should have Banks, individual bank accounts, credit cards, ATMs, Wall Street, Investments, Loans, Stock exchanges etc. These can be fun to play with and also educational for the young.

I really hope they consider these suggestions for the The Sims 4. Aren't we players pay for the game? don't we pay using our credit cards? there are so many things they can add to the game to make it advance and be really cool than a sim dying from a laughter!!

Here are some suggestions for adding the importance of money in the game:
1- Presence of a bank and a Stock exchange to provide all financial solutions for the sims

2- Sims to have individual bank accounts and (debit & credit) cards other than the family account

3- Sims to be able to apply for different bank loans( housing loans, personal loans, auto loans etc), and interest to be deducted from the individual account if it is a single sim loan or from family account if it is a joint loan

4- Fixed deposit where sims place money at the bank for a marginal low profit for a fixed time of period. higher the period the higher the profit.

5- Investments with different degree of risks. The higher risk investments might give higher profits or higher risk by losing big chunk of the capital or all of it.

6- Sims to be able to buy and sell stocks in the stock exchange. That itself can be a fun mini game in the game. When a Sim opens a business at some higher levels he can enlist his business in the stock exchange so that other sims can buy the stock of his business.

7- Offers in the neighbourhood to get points or free gifts from the community shops for the sims who use their credit cards! the more a sim uses his credit cards, the more points accumulated which he can exchange it for something free be it an object, dinner at restaurant, cinema ticket etc.

These are just few basic points than can add up a lot of opportunities to the game. Our real world is like a sim world. so I hope the developers open their eyes and look around and add the basic and important stuff in the sims game.

Its about time these essential things added to The Sims game