Forum Discussion

Kyr0e
New Spectator
4 years ago

"Ask to Talk In Private"/"Invite to Join Private Conversation"/"Dismiss from Private Conversation"

Regarding the issue of idle chat, and its flaws:

• Locking sims in conversations (which you route to to join).
  • Allowing NPC's to intrude upon romantic conversations.

I'd like to propose three interactions to the "Actions..." pie menu (the one that includes "Invite to", "Form Group", "Add to Squad", etc):

• "Ask to Talk In Private" - This would disengage the target sim from any ongoing conversations, and prevent any other sim from intruding. It would be indicated by either a special symbol over the head, or a secondary (static) queue icon.
  • "Invite to Join Private Conversation" - This would allow another sim to join an ongoing private conversation.
  • "Dismiss from Private Conversation" - This would remove a sim from an ongoing private conversation, and future-proof the mechanic in case a patch (incidentally) made it so that sims could interrupt them.
    • I wish we could just not get into a conversation autonomously. Ever randomly ran into flirty stranger Sims who started talking to you and your sim leaves the conversation with a possible love interest?
      jannaeddie
      Seasoned Newcomer
      I would love this feature, and feels a little more like gameplay to have it built into a conversation menu, which I like. I was always imagining it would more easily happen by making sims faces in the conversation panel have an x in the top right corner that we could click to get them to leave the conversation… but this makes it so we never have to do that in the first place because we would already be having a private conversation!!! Great idea!!!
    • I would love this, it's so annoying when your sim is on a date or something and then all of a sudden a random townie comes in and turns the conversation into an awkward conversation.
    • I wish we could exclude a sim from a conversation in the top UI. There's actually a mod that does that but I'd love it to be a official feature.
      Kyr0e
      New Spectator
      "Gamer_34567544;c-17956476" wrote:
      I wish we could just not get into a conversation autonomously. Ever randomly ran into flirty stranger Sims who started talking to you and your sim leaves the conversation with a possible love interest
      Yes, but that's usually my own doing. If you mean autonomous flirting, then no (thankfully).
    • "KyreRoen;c-17956478" wrote:
      "Gamer_34567544;c-17956476" wrote:
      I wish we could just not get into a conversation autonomously. Ever randomly ran into flirty stranger Sims who started talking to you and your sim leaves the conversation with a possible love interest
      Yes, but that's usually my own doing. If you mean autonomous flirting, then no (thankfully).

Yeah. Autonomous flirting.
      jannaeddie
      Seasoned Newcomer
      "caliposs;c-17956823" wrote:
      I wish we could exclude a sim from a conversation in the top UI. There's actually a mod that does that but I'd love it to be a official feature.

Me too! Whats the mod?

• "simopolis;c-17956949" wrote:
      "caliposs;c-17956823" wrote:
      I wish we could exclude a sim from a conversation in the top UI. There's actually a mod that does that but I'd love it to be a official feature.

Me too! Whats the mod?

This one: https://www.patreon.com/posts/remove-sims-from-49508741 :smiley:

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,091 PostsLatest Activity: 2 years ago