Forum Discussion

jannaeddie
Seasoned Newcomer
4 years ago

Base Game - Improve World

Hey simmers - been simmering on some ideas to make the world our sims live in more "cohesive" and less random! Here are my thoughts! Please comment or add your own!

Barriers:
Travel costs money - free to neighborhood lot, $50 to another neighborhood, $500 to another world
Can set lot traits to prevent sims from visiting who live in other neighborhoods and/or worlds - no more Judith Ward in Strangerville!

Incentive:
Skills are improved faster at community lots to encourage us to make use of them
Relationships change faster at community lots to encourage us to visit them socially and for events

Work:
Ability to work at community lots in active career as "bartender" "gardener" "homeless" or "librarian"
Add curator NPC to museums who gives tours which result in major gains to particular skill to incentivize visiting the museum
Always fill role with NPC for food stalls when visiting community lot
Have same NPC always fill roll when on community lot/shift never ends so to reduce generating new townies and increase likelihood of seeing our own sim in that role
Make NPC needs never decay while working
Can see which "Out of World" and played sims have what career or role - "mail person" "mixologist" "homeless" "repair person" etc from manage worlds and in CAS - ability to choose and manage this

What do you think?!

• More random stuff to happen to make things come more alive and challenging. A poor Sim could easily work on a skill and eventually gain enough from it to buy and upgrade a spacecraft- even without joining a career? What is the point of jobs if you can become self-sufficient so easily?
  • I would love to revamp the lot and lot trait systems. Keep some as is but change the following:

* bring in dancefloor and DJ-booth to base game for nightclubs
    * either remove lounge or make the entertainment automatic
    * remove pool as a lot, add it as a lot trait to be added to other lots (generic, park, gym...)
    * more lot traits in general (wedding venue, graveyard, playground, café, skating rink, retail... - make them combinable)
    * cafés as part of the base game
    * one or two restaurant features as a venue you can visit in base game (leave owning them for dine out, and limit what you can do so it's still worth buying the pack if they are so desperate to make money)
    * add long time rental as a lot trait, meaning a sim rent a house (instead of buying it). Bills would be higher, but no cost for buying. ov

Other than that, what I would really love is story progression in game, more romance interactions and a difficulty setting.
    jannaeddie
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Also, because who can resist adding to a list?!

Take some items from bb.showobjects and add them to catalogue with prices - more items without cheats! / that aren't free
    Make all shrubbery freely placed with other shrub items
    Make all appliances upgradable to be off the grid
    Make all beds upgradable to be higher energy gain
  • Let me keep going a bit.

Better ghosts for Paranormal. I mean, I think this is a bug... but vampires can simply buy and offer ghosts plasma packs? Then they receive soul pieces they can sell to collectors to make more money than needed for their own meals.
    jannaeddie
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "JAL;c-17959063" wrote:
    I would love to revamp the lot and lot trait systems. Keep some as is but change the following:

* bring in dancefloor and DJ-booth to base game for nightclubs
    * either remove lounge or make the entertainment automatic
    * remove pool as a lot, add it as a lot trait to be added to other lots (generic, park, gym...)
    * more lot traits in general (wedding venue, graveyard, playground, café, skating rink, retail... - make them combinable)
    * cafés as part of the base game
    * one or two restaurant features as a venue you can visit in base game (leave owning them for dine out, and limit what you can do so it's still worth buying the pack if they are so desperate to make money)
    * add long time rental as a lot trait, meaning a sim rent a house (instead of buying it). Bills would be higher, but no cost for buying. ov

Other than that, what I would really love is story progression in game, more romance interactions and a difficulty setting.

LONG TIME RENTALS!!! ALSO COMBINABLE LOT TYPES!!!!

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,099 PostsLatest Activity: 4 hours ago