Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Blaze_Bard's Builds (try saying that three times fast :P )

I've always been more of a storyteller than a builder ever since my Sims 2 days in Veronaville making up Simified versions of Shakespeare characters that weren't from Romeo and Juliet or A Midsummer Night's Dream and playing out their stories. But I enjoyed building because, to me, the set was just as important to the story as the characters, costumes, etc.

Only one problem: I was a horrible builder. I would fill up a whole lot with a house, leaving no room for yard space. Then I would make the rooms too big and cluster all the furniture around the walls, leaving an empty gap in the middle. I played a little bit of Sims 3, but I didn't do any building because I remembered how awful I was at it in Sims 2. However, when I got Sims 4 earlier this year, I decided to try building again. At first I was still pretty bad at it, but after some practice and watching lots of speedbuilds on the YouTube, I think I've gotten better.

I saved screenshots of my builds right from the start, thinking that I would start a blog to share my Sims 4 stories, but after trying that I realized that blogging doesn't really fit well with my storytelling style. The other day, I was cleaning out my Sims 4 screenshots folder, when I found all these old screenshots of my builds. So I figured I might as well share them here on the forums. I don't do as many builds as a dedicated Sims builder, but I thought it would be interesting to let other Simmers see what I've come up with.