Forum Discussion

Mk_2790
New Spectator
4 years ago

Butter churner free update for Cottage Living

It seems Cottage Living will not have the butter churner... but EA can add it as a free update in the future.

The butter churner will be a off the grid appliance. Sims can produce butter using it and having of course some milk from the cows.

Sims can made regular butter or seasoned butter using some fresh herbs from their inventories.
  • While I would love to have the TS1 butter churner back, I don't see EA adding it in a free update at all.
  • They could, and I'd like it, but 2nded. I doubt they would do it free update style. They aren't exactly known for DLC expansion updates, and I rather doubt they will even look too close at adding anything CoL related to BG for a while.
    Redrogue60
    Rising Adventurer
    "PlayerSinger2010;c-17932949" wrote:
    Can I ask what the obsession is with this butter churner?

It was a Sims 1 from Making Magic object. Given that we now have cows that will be producing milk, the object gives the secondary ability to make butter which could be incorporated into cooking & baking ingredients or be sold. Making ones own butter is pretty easy to do and is in fact apart of the whole Farm to Table and Cottagecore movements. It's a throwback item which is usually pretty popular and fits in rather nicely into the pack. I'd actually like the object as well for all the reason I previously stated.
  • Maybe they're saving it to add it to some future medieval inspired pack. Butter is basically cream whipped at room temperature and can be made in a mixer. I have a feeling they didn't add it because it is too old fashioned as a cooking instrument.
    Mk_2790
    New Spectator
    "redrogue60;c-17932995" wrote:
    "PlayerSinger2010;c-17932949" wrote:
    Can I ask what the obsession is with this butter churner?

It was a Sims 1 from Making Magic object. Given that we now have cows that will be producing milk, the object gives the secondary ability to make butter which could be incorporated into cooking & baking ingredients or be sold. Making ones own butter is pretty easy to do and is in fact apart of the whole Farm to Table and Cottagecore movements. It's a throwback item which is usually pretty popular and fits in rather nicely into the pack. I'd actually like the object as well for all the reason I previously stated.

Also a decorative only object in TS3 Store
  • They'd probably add it in a kit, with like some other stuff and call it Picnic Paradise. Or Country Crockery/Cooking.