Forum Discussion

HaveYouSeenSean
New Traveler
4 years ago

Can we get some modular objects, please?

I mean this in the sense that things connect together and you can change their shape and length. For example, sofas. They snap together like counters and there is a straight piece, a corner piece, et cetera. Curtains are my biggest desire because they’re so limited. I drew a picture. :D

https://i.gyazo.com/65095b5a90a93a01a9847a9f5f73af1c.png

See what I mean. The one on the left, there are two normal ones that would be a tile wide and then a smaller one up the top that is also one tile yet snaps into the other wide so you can have a curtain that could be infinitely long or two tiles. On the right, there is a curtain and then a rod that continues on, allowing for it to appear that the curtain is pulled aside.

The curtains from Paranormal almost did this. All they need is a middle piece, to be honest.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.
  • "Mstybl95;c-17884949" wrote:
    Modular curtains would be great!

I agree its one of my petty pet peeves - that some windows don't seem to fit any curtains very well.
  • There's one set of curtains that don't have an end cap and I keep looking for the extra rod without a curtain so I can extend it. I really feel like they just need to do one side of the curtain and then include the other side and a blank rod with nothing. That would make me happy.
  • "Mstybl95;c-17884962" wrote:
    There's one set of curtains that don't have an end cap and I keep looking for the extra rod without a curtain so I can extend it. I really feel like they just need to do one side of the curtain and then include the other side and a blank rod with nothing. That would make me happy.

I stopped using curtains in my builds because of this. Sometimes I can't find a middle part, sometimes there are no matching short and long curtains, there are three tiles curtains but no matching one tile, etc. And very few modern ones.
    Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer
    I think we're getting some modular objects with the new game pack (but not curtains).
  • Yes curtains are always so hard to deal with! Even with the resize options. And then you can't resize the windows. And then sometimes they will be perfect for a window on a regular wall but not the same window on a diagonal wall. Etc.... Modular curtains would help a lot. Or windows that you could resize.

• I think we’re supposed to be getting some modular sofas eventually as they showed an “auto sofa” toggle during the bunkbed livestream.
  • "Mstybl95;c-17884962" wrote:
    There's one set of curtains that don't have an end cap and I keep looking for the extra rod without a curtain so I can extend it. I really feel like they just need to do one side of the curtain and then include the other side and a blank rod with nothing. That would make me happy.

I agree, that's a great idea.
  • And the biggest amount of cc needed is curtains and that's exactly what I can never find.
  • "haneul;c-17885619" wrote:
    I think we're getting some modular objects with the new game pack (but not curtains).

Definitely sofas & shelving - they're mentioned in the pack description.