Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Combine these two lot traits

Dog Friendly and Cat Friendly

ETA: Or as @Camkat stated. Keep both and add an "Animal Friendly" trait. That way they won't take up all the lot traits.
  • I'd still like them separate though for my cat or dog lovers. I would like maybe "animal friendly" and that would attract both. I'd like it for a sim trait as well (animal lover), that way my animal loving sims could have some other traits besides all just pet related.
  • "Camkat;c-17669956" wrote:
    I'd still like them separate though for my cat or dog lovers. I would like maybe "animal friendly" and that would attract both. I'd like it for a sim trait as well (animal lover), that way my animal loving sims could have some other traits besides all just pet related.

Ok, that makes sense. I did think about that after I wrote it because some people IRL are not pro cat or pro dog. So, that would be a good compromise.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Oh, and Cat Hangout and Dog Hangout, too. Call it Animal Hangout so it would attract both stray cats and dogs.

Though I would like to suggest a change to the idea. As Dog Friendly and Cat Friendly are meant to attract sims to visit the lot with their pet, why not call it Pet Friendly?

And why not also combine Cat Friendly and Cat Hangout, Dog Friendly and Dog Hangout, and Pet Friendly and Animal Hangout (if they come)? They would attract both pets with their owners and stray cats and dogs. As now if you want to do such thing, you don't even have enough trait slots (it would require 4 traits, but there are 3).

I'd really like it to happen. The less traits I need to have lots have pets like in Brindleton Bay, the better. People have also suggested N.A.P.s to attract animals (Eco Lifestyle) to neighborhoods. Let's have three versions of that too (to attract both, cats, and dogs)! Though a N.A.P. conflict system has to be introduced with that though...

In CAS traits, it would be great to also have combined versions of Cat Lover and Dog Lover trait, though there is a bonus trait called Animal Affection...
  • oooh, good thoughts. I have to not choose any trait animal-related in EL to get the place Eco-Friendly. A N.A.P. for pets would be great to introduce stray pets to other worlds. It's very limiting to have to travel to Brindleton and spend time wooing a stray to adopt for another world.