Forum Discussion

suceress
Seasoned Novice
5 years ago

Create-A-World expansion or pack please

One of the things I enjoyed about earlier Sims games was being able to edit the neighborhoods & create new worlds. I loved that we could add different landscaping, objects for Sims to find, rabbitholes, etc.
It was also one of the things I enjoyed about the Elder Scrolls Game-- having a program/utility included to make new towns, etc.

Even if we had to pay for it like an expansion pack, I think it would be worth it and would be cool.

I would like to be able to:
Create new / edit neighborhoods- setting size, terrain type, temperature, debug objects, etc.
Create new / edit hidden neighborhoods (like the Deep Woods)
Make our own portals to custom hidden neighborhoods
Place spawning locations in existing neighborhoods (this was something I miss from Sims3)
Create larger lots
Place objects outside of lot boundaries
Use builder test sims to test out the content

I would also like to take things from the world-- like the secret entrance to the Deep Woods or various other similar type entrances & use those as rabbithole doors.
Additionally, the water well/hole that allowed sims to swim through a portal to another location in Sims3 would be fun to have.
We could bring back subways, public transportation, etc.
It would be nice to set neighborhoods as historical, modern, futuristic, etc & have the sims that populate the neighborhoods only wear clothing flagged as being appropriate. Like, we could set something to be medieval so there would be no high tech. Sims would use a hollow animal horn in lieu of a cellphone to send messages to one another-- or smoke signals would be funny.
Future could be all high tech & have floating objects/homes/vehicles.

Maybe an underwater world under a dome would be possible too.

Gurus could hold contests to see which users come up with the most creative neighborhoods.
  • I would love for us to get something like this.

Sadly at this point, I don't think its going to happen. I would bet the reason why they haven't given us a create a world type tool is that EA doesn't want file sizes to get too big. That wasn't an issue in the Sims 3, with CAW, but keep in mind we couldn't travel from one world to any other world in the Sims 3.

Oh yes, I'm aware that people are working on a mod to make custom neighborhoods for the Sims 4, but that's a mod, its not EA, and people like me are terrified of the game not working and don't trust modders.
  • This concept would be too big and good to be true!!! Omg, the fact that we cannot create various, dynamic neighborhoods/destinations/worlds is devastating!!!
  • "Damienf519;c-17617254" wrote:
    I would love for us to get something like this.

Sadly at this point, I don't think its going to happen. I would bet the reason why they haven't given us a create a world type tool is that EA doesn't want file sizes to get too big. That wasn't an issue in the Sims 3, with CAW, but keep in mind we couldn't travel from one world to any other world in the Sims 3.

Oh yes, I'm aware that people are working on a mod to make custom neighborhoods for the Sims 4, but that's a mod, its not EA, and people like me are terrified of the game not working and don't trust modders.

How about the way worlds work in ts2? I haven't tried it myself because i only play ea worlds but i hear you can connect as many custom worlds as you want. I also dont think we will get such a tool for creating worlds ourselves but the least they could try giving us is a way to edit worlds, i truly miss that.
  • "Mareah;c-17622429" wrote:
    "Damienf519;c-17617254" wrote:

How about the way worlds work in ts2? I haven't tried it myself because i only play ea worlds but i hear you can connect as many custom worlds as you want. I also dont think we will get such a tool for creating worlds ourselves but the least they could try giving us is a way to edit worlds, i truly miss that.

TS2 trapped you in the same world too. I never want to go back to that.
    ChadSims2
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "PlayerSinger2010;c-17622703" wrote:
    "Mareah;c-17622429" wrote:

We must of played a different version of Sims 2 I played in multiple neighborhoods I created and my Sims traveled between them.
  • "Suceress;d-979801" wrote:

It would be nice to set neighborhoods as historical, modern, futuristic, etc & have the sims that populate the neighborhoods only wear clothing flagged as being appropriate. Like, we could set something to be medieval so there would be no high tech. Sims would use a hollow animal horn in lieu of a cellphone to send messages to one another-- or smoke signals would be funny.
    Future could be all high tech & have floating objects/homes/vehicles.

I think it would be nice to have some neighbourhood traits, so we could apply some settings to the whole neighbourhood.
  • Yes, please. I'd be happy to pay. I'd rather pay for this than any of the sillier packs so far.
  • "ChadSims2;c-17623023" wrote:
    "PlayerSinger2010;c-17622703" wrote:
    "Mareah;c-17622429" wrote:

We must of played a different version of Sims 2 I played in multiple neighborhoods I created and my Sims traveled between them.

Again, that's not the same. If it's not going from Pleasantview to Strangetown, it's still Pleasantview.