Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Fences and Foundations

I hope someone can help me with this, thankyou in advance.
My question is, when you build a house with a foundation, is there a way of building a fence around the house without the foundation?
Everytime I build a house like this and try to put the wall around to make the fence a foundation comes with it and it makes it impossible to place a gate as the gate has to go on the wall which has a foundation.
I hope someone can advise me on this as I do like a nice fence around my houses and a gate but I can't seem to place a gate properly.
Thankyou all in advance.
  • When you start drawing the fence, you need to pick a starting spot away from the wall. If you start it from the wall, the foundation will appear.
  • You can start to put/drag the fence a little bit further from the house/foundation. So, it will properly place on the ground.
  • Thankyou, I have done that but the walls still have the foundations...
    chips46
    Seasoned Hotshot
    If you use a wall tool it will give you foundations no mater what you do if you what your house fence with foundations on your house use the fence tool start away from the foundation and drag to the foundation and your fence wont have foundation