Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Foster Children

Not adopting them, but instead you can take a baby, child, or teen sim who need a home for just a little while.
It could range from a couple of days to a month (in sim time of course).

As a foster sim parent you need a specific list of requirements i.e. bedrooms, enough money, before you even have the option to become a foster parent and as a first-timer you can only foster one kid at time. Young Adult to Elder may become foster parents

As you gradually foster more kids how you handle them depend on reputation; if you have bad one your license will be revoked, if you have a good one you can foster more children, and if you're in neutral state you need to try harder if you want to continue.

As a foster parent it is also your duty to make sure the foster child has proper necessities, does their homework, and of course has a lot love

If you and other sims in the household have a good relationship with the foster child you may adopt them, and the child may even have a wish to be adopted. However if you have a bad relationship and/or the child has "behavioral issues" you will always have the option to have the child moved to a different family.

Depending on traits and moods the foster child may have wishes/moodlets to leave/stay with family, purposely start mean interactions with the family, and can have a 50/50 chance of coming to the home with a sad moodlet.

And any other children that live in the household may also have a sad or angry moodlet about their new "visitor".

• Love, LOVE, LOVE IT! The idea is so creative and thoughtful, and talk about realistic?! It would be cool to see if NPCs that live in houses could do this too. Even better if you decide not to keep a foster child, then an NPC could adopt them and you can see them around town!

I support this more than I should, and that's a good thing ;) <3
  • "tasteofsweetness;13865527" wrote:
    Love, LOVE, LOVE IT! The idea is so creative and thoughtful, and talk about realistic?! It would be cool to see if NPCs that live in houses could do this too. Even better if you decide not to keep a foster child, then an NPC could adopt them and you can see them around town!

I support this more than I should, and that's a good thing ;) <3

I'm glad you like it, and yes NPC should be able to adopt them(they got nothing better else to do). If this doesn't appear in the game, there better be a modder who knows how to do this.
  • "Memina11;13865993" wrote:
    bad idea i would much rather have my sims adopt them

Yea I agree there's not really any point in wasting time and money if you're not gonna see them again.