Forum Discussion

9 hours ago

Tartosan Sun: Journeys

***Chapter One coming 9-27***

Welcome to my reboot of Under The Tartosan Sun.πŸ™‚ The original story was my first try at writing SimLit. It's been crazy fun and I've learned and grown so much since April '22 when this journey started. These characters are very special to me and I wanted to start again and use all that I've learned in that time to make their story even better. Since I was starting over I wanted to go back in time. Back to when Danielle, Londyn, and the others were just graduating high school and embarking on adulthood. Before Danielle and Londyn, Liberty and Matteo, and Summer and Darian met and fell in love in Tartosa. For some it’s university. For others it’s chasing their dreams along a different path. 

The early chapters are going to explore what made each of them who they are. It's also a chance to right a few wrongs. Things like the characters too perfect lives. Romantic relationships that went from 0 to soulmates in no time. Secondary characters and storylines that went nowhere. I'm also bringing a character over from another story that is on hiatus, and for all intents and purposes done. Johnny Zest/Mimi Eleganza/The Lady Mimi is one of my favorites and many readers have mentioned how much they enjoyed the character as well. 

I'll be updating and adding new character bios as time goes by. For now I'm starting out with two bios, one for each group of roommates/dorm mates, Danielle, Summer, and Liberty, and Londyn, Venessa, and Johnny/Mimi. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the story as much as I do writing it. ❀️

(L to R) Danielle Chabert / Liberty Lee / Summer Holiday 

Danielle, Summer, and Liberty have been friends for almost their entire lives. They met in the first grade and have been nearly inseparable ever since. So it's no surprise they're going to be dorm mates at Foxbury Institute.

Danielle comes from a creative family. Her mother is an accomplished painter and her dad is jazz musician playing in the clubs around Willow Creek. Though her mom pressured her to be an artist, painting was only a hobby. Danielle's dream is to be a romance novelist. 

Liberty's mom is an investment banker and her father is a video game designer. Liberty is an avid gamer and daddy's girl who dreamt of being an astronaut when she was younger. Now she's fascinated by psychology and computers. She's doing a double major in psychology and computer science with hopes of becoming a forensic psychologist or cybersecurity expert.

Summer was born to do one thing, cook. It's in her genes. Her mother and her mother's side of the family are almost all chefs. Her dad is a bandmate with Danielle's father so her family is steeped in the two things Willow Creek is most famous for, sinfully delicious food and hot jazz music. Her dream is to become a famous chef and own her own restaurants or have a tv cooking show. Maybe both.

(L to R) Venessa Jeong / Londyn Huntley / Johnny Landgraab-Mimi Eleganza-The Lady Mimi

Londyn, Venessa, and Johnny/Mimi all come from different backgrounds and different parts of the country. But they have a lot in common. All three on part of the LGBTQ community, Venessa and Londyn are lesbians, and Johnny/Mimi is trans/non-binary. They also dream of fame and fortune. 

Venessa grew up in Chestnut Ridge, but she always believed Del Sol Valley was where she was meant to be. She took advantage of every opportunity she could find to get in front of a crowd and perform. Growing up in a rural area those opportunities were few and far between. But she wasn't going to be deterred. Now she's accomplished the first objective, move to Del Sol Valley. Now the hard work begins. Venessa has the talent and determination to make it big.

Londyn is an island girl at heart. She grew up in sunny Sulani dreaming of stardom in faraway Del Sol Valley. Some of her earliest memories were of sitting with her mom watching the Starlight Accolades. And countless movies. As Londyn reached her teen years she knew early that she was attracted to other girls. It was a source of tension at times between her and her parents. They loved her but they didn't support her being out and proud. But through it all her parents supported her acting ambitions. Londyn has always dreamed big, now it's time to make those dreams come true.

Johnny/Mimi grew up in nearby Oasis Springs. From an early age there was a disconnect between their body and their heart and mind. Mimi never felt like the boy everyone else said they were. As the years passed and life at home and at school became nightmarish Mimi found an escape in the world of drag. Mimi idolized the performers. The club scene in Del Sol Valley is a Mecca for gender outlaws like Mimi and a launching pad from some of the world's top drag performers. A list Mimi is determined to add their name too.