Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Fun idea: Imaginary friend for Sims 4

I'd like to see the imaginary friend return :o if they can be even creepier that'd be cool! It was such a creepy and neat feature in Sims 3!

I was reminded of them when I found this hilarious article:

"I have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of my first Imaginary Friend ever since I bought the Generations expansion pack. My Sims haven't had many kids, and not all kids get an Imaginary Friend, so it took nearly a month in real time before I got one. And now that I have it, IT IS SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF ME.
I wasn't prepared for this thing to be so soul-suckingly terrifying. I'm not the only one who thinks so, right? Tell me I'm not alone in this.

Phase 1: The Toy
After a baby is born, or in my case after you adopt the baby, you get a pop-up notification that so-and-so has sent your new baby a toy. Check the mail, and the Imaginary Friend doll will automatically be added to your baby's inventory.
In this stage, it's just a doll. Your baby and toddler Sims can play with it, which not only builds their relationship, it also improves your kid's Social need.

Phase 2: The Animated Doll
Ugh, I get the willies just thinking about it. At some point after your Sim ages into a child, you will get a pop-up about how the doll wants to play, so you should set it on the ground. Drag the Imaginary Friend toy out of your Sim's inventory and set it on the ground.
It will transform into the creature of nightmares: a sort of patchwork clown with a blank face, a glowing ball atop a stalk atop its head, and gloved hands (presumably so that it doesn't leave fingerprint evidence at the murder scene).
Worse, in this stage, it cannot be perceived by any other Sim. Switch to their perspective, and the Imaginary Friend vanishes. EVEN THOUGH WE KNOW IT'S STILL THERE.
It also turns back into a doll when it sleeps.

Phase 3: A Real Kid
Once your Sim and the Imaginary Friend have a high enough relationship (Best Friend or close to it) you'll have the option to "make real." I did this with a bottle of potion. Give it to the Imaginary Friend, and it turns into a real child - boy or girl, depending on whether you've given it a boy's or a girl's name.
This child is just like a regular Sim, except that it has creepy patchwork clothing left over from the doll's outfit. Oh, and it still turns into a doll to sleep! (Mine also had eyes that are an unsettling shade of bright aqua.) "

- See more at:
http://sim2sim.com/news/sims-3-imaginary-friend-horror

Please bring them to Sims 4!