Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Funerals, please! And graveyards!

Starting a plea thread for developers to give us a prestige funeral with custom animations. Maybe a funeral home / graveyard combo lot where you can pick out a casket?

I'd love to let my elders go somewhere and plan their own funeral. Buy a plot or choose cremation. Buy a funeral package.

I'd like funeral activities to include mourning, eulogies, food, and some graveside service that ends with a new marker/gravesite/or cremation plaque. You could use the comedy mic or podium for eulogies. Types of eulogies (comic eulogy, heartfelt eulogy, angry rant eulogy, insult eulogy) could give the attendees moodlets. Maybe even cause fights!

Maybe you could set a custom mourning color for clothes, since not every culture considers black the mourning color.

When we have weather, maybe it always rains during funerals.

Neighbors should randomly bring food to your home for a few days after a death and give condolences.

And we need actual tombs or grave plots. I am constantly creating 1x2 or 1x3 platforms/decks or spray painting dirt piles with the terrain tools to make graves realistic. And funeral-specific wreaths and flowers. I am always hanging Christmas wreaths at funerals and pretending they aren't Christmas wreaths.

Other ideas?

J