Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Game Pack Idea: Traveling through Different Decades

This is a random idea I had yesterday: a 1950’s game pack. But the more I thought about it, I think they could make different packs for most decades of the 20th century, at least.

1950’s, for example:

The pack could come with:

-specific hairstyles from the era (bouffants, poodle cuts, and pompadours, etc.)

-specific outfits and clothing items from the era (pencil dresses and skirts, poodles skirts, jeans and leather jackets, etc.)

-a few new recipes of iconic foods that became popular that decade (beef stroganoff, pig-in-a-blanket, chiffon cake, milkshakes and different ice creams and floats)

-lots of build and buy stuff for 1950’s decor, including for special soda fountain/ice cream parlor and sock hop builds.

-the ability to create fountain/ice cream parlor businesses with Dine Out (maybe also comic books, records, and other stuff with Get to Work as well)

-an added Sock Hop social event as a dance for teens

-new ice cream flavors, and the addition of milkshakes and floats

-playable toys styled like 1950’s toys (Mr. Potato Head, Play-Doh, slinkies, Barbies, hula hoops… I think all would build imagination, but hula hoops would be for the motor skill)

-1950’s radio station

-new dance moves would be cute

I think that’s enough for a pack, no?

Then I thought, they could do that for the 1920’s, 1930’s, and so on to the 1990’s.

What do you think? Would you purchase?