Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Going Broke Challenge

So, there are lots of challenges involving earning lots of money (Rosebud challenge, etc.) but I propose one that's the exact opposite of this! The rules are pretty simple:

-Start out with 1000000§ (gained by enabling testing cheats and then typing Money 1000000.)
-Give your Sim the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration and the materialistic trait. All your descendants must have these as well.
-Buy the Bargain Bend lot in Willow Creek.
-Buy only essentials on day one.
-You must marry someone and have as many children as possible in each generation.
-You must buy the cheapest version of any essential items (although of course beds must be adult/kid appropriate, so it's the cheapest double bed and the cheapest kid bed in this case.) Otherwise, buy anything (until you spend 10% of your current funds. This limit resets daily.)
-Once you buy any object, you may not sell or upgrade it.
-You, and all of-age Sims in your household must join a career as soon as they are able. They must keep this job until they are (hopefully) fired for low performance. Go to work on time as much as possible. If they are fired, they may remain unemployed (and probably should; this is largely a deadbeat accumulation challenge.)
-If a Sim moves into your house, you must keep their money.
-The goal is to go completely broke within 10 generations (0§ in the bank.)
-Sims may retire once they reach old age.
-Aging on, normal lifespans.

Scoring:
-Go broke within:
10 generations: 10 points
9 generations: 20 points
8 generations: 30 points
7 generations: 40 points
6 generations: 50 points
5 generations: 60 points
4 generations: 70 points
3 generations: 80 points
2 generations: 90 points
1 generation: 100 points

-Get a promotion: -1 point
-Fail to pay the bills: 10 points
-Pay the bills: -1 points
-Get fired: 2 points
-Earn 5 points per unique active Sim with a job.
-Lose a child to social services: 5 points.
-Have a Sim starve to death: 5 points.
-Something breaks: 5 points.

That's basically it! If you have any comments or suggestions, please leave a reply. I'll see if I can come up with more rules later. Other than that, try it out and have fun!